Any Dave Ramsey Fans?

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
My parents bought his book The Total Money Makeover at a yard sale a month or so ago and lent it to me after reading it. I probably read it 3-4 times over the next week or so. I decided to go head and buy the Revised 3rd Edition and give them their book back! Anyone read any of his books, listen to him on the radio or podcast, follow his plan?

Thanks
Craig

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Read his 1st book Financial Peace and have listened off and on for about 15 years. We try to follow his plan, but don't have the discipline he talks about. We're better off, but sports cards take up some of our budget, lol. I see you're from The Ville, I'm in Lyndon, you? Are you going to the Seneca show today?

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
Rob - I haven't read that one yet. I'm in Louisville, but no longer collect. No show for me. That will help me with the budget, huh? :D I hope you find some good deals!

Thanks
Craig

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Yepper, that does help with the budget. I'll have a table so maybe I can add to the income part of the budget line ?:)

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I listen to his radio program once in awhile. I only have student loans and I drive an old beater.

DaClyde

5.00 star(s)
It's folks like Dave Ramsey and Clark Howard that should be the managing budgets of state governments. Granted, they'd probably go insane in the process, but their state would likely be running a surplus every year and crawling out of debt.

abncal

5.00 star(s)
My wife and I have listened and follow his plans... it's hard, the discipline is the toughest part, but when it's all said and done it's worth it! Totally debt free in 15 more months!!

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
rotorob - Now you got it! (How was the show?)

cardinals-colle - I've just started listening to him on the radio myself. I agree with you.

anglinomics - Nice!

DaClyde - Could not agree more!

abncal - Awesome! Congrats! Will you be making the call to scream on the radio?

Thanks
Craig

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Great job abncal, I love it when people get out of debt.

Craig, the show for me was good not great, but I'll glad you posted this thread before I went. I spent MUCH less than I took in today (even if you take the table fee into account).

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
Great job abncal, I love it when people get out of debt.

Craig, the show for me was good not great, but I'll glad you posted this thread before I went. I spent MUCH less than I took in today (even if you take the table fee into account).
Cool! I hope I didn't ruin it for you though!

Thanks
Craig

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
No, it didn't ruin it. But I spent a little here on The Bench and some at East End Sports cards here in Louisville.... Still came out ahead and had fun to boot; Dave would be proud!

dbarbos1

5.00 star(s)
My Junior year of High School we had a class where we watched his DVDs and did a workbook of his. It was a great idea, and it was a great way to teach teenagers how to wisely invest/handle their money

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
My wife and I have listened and follow his plans... it's hard, the discipline is the toughest part, but when it's all said and done it's worth it! Totally debt free in 15 more months!!
Same here. Totally debt free for 24 months!!!!!!

I actually applied some of his ideals to collecting. Years ago, I was dropping hundreds a month in busting wax. Now I go to the card store maybe twice a year and expand my collection (and thin it where it needs to be thinned) through only trading.

I used to listen to him on the radio, but the only station around here that carried him changed formats years ago.

Seriously, anyone here who has debt and wants to get rid over it needs to listen to this guy and read his books. Actually, the same goes for Clark Howard for that matter.

Last edited:

Sponsors