any of you guys play the lotto?

mindbinge

5.00 star(s)
I play the same 5 sets numbers all of the time on Megaball ...not much luck...lol...just curious if any of you play?

If I ever win though, there will be cases for all of my friends here...lol.

(yes I'm bored)

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Same here! I used the last few times...the winning lotto numbers from the movie: The Time Travels Wife! Best regaards, David

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I also play the same numbers on the mega millions twice a week. 18.00 per week and have not won more than 4.00 in a couple of months. I am thinking of stopping but I am worried that if I do stop my #'s will come up.

Do you think I should quit playing?

Bryon

premium1981

5.00 star(s)
The lotto is the biggest way you can waste money IMO. There are other ways to gamble and actually win. People complain about never getting the good hits in boxes. Compare the odds to the lotto. And on the flip side, look at the people who have won the big bucks through time. The majority of them blow through the money in no time and they end up worse off than they were before. Or, maybe you are smart with money. The lotto has been known to break up marriages of 25+ years. With all of that said, I really do not see the draw to it.

"The love of money is the root of all evil".

mindbinge

5.00 star(s)
I spend $10 a week...$520 a year...sure I could probably get a nice Jordan or a higher end box with 1 pack in it for that...you don't have to hit all of the numbers to win the lotto...5 of 6 pays like $250,000 or so...I've already hit 4 numbers and missed the other 2 by one each lol...done that 3 times now.

I dunno...it gives me something to look forward to every few days...not like I will probably ever win, but if you don't play you don't have a chance...odds are slim but at least I have a chance lol.

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
They say the LOTTO is the biggest waste of money...I did play for awhile to try to prove that theory wrong...So I don't play anymore :D

avstars

5.00 star(s)
Lotto is just another form of gambling. If you play a little, then it shouldn't hurt you. But I would rather gamble on a hobby box then the Lotto.

dp33

5.00 star(s)
I also play the same numbers on the mega millions twice a week. 18.00 per week and have not won more than 4.00 in a couple of months. I am thinking of stopping but I am worried that if I do stop my #'s will come up.

Do you think I should quit playing?

Bryon

That is an interesting phenomenon. I used to play off and on and let the computer pick the numbers, but could go weeks at a time without playing. Then, I decided to pick my own numbers. Now I feel like there is no way I could miss a drawing because "my" numbers might come up. And I consider myself a very rational, reasonable fellow...

So no, I don't think you should quit playing.

dp33

5.00 star(s)
Don't disagree that it's a bad investment, but I collect baseball cards, so obviously I don't have a problem spending my disposable income on bad investments.

I would say the upside to buying a $1 lottery ticket is pretty big. The upside to burning a $1 bill? Can't really think of any unless you just like to watch fire consume paper. The downside to buying a $1 lottery ticket? You have most likely just wasted $1. The downside to burning a $1 bill? You have just burned your thumb, the shirt you're wearing, your house, a forest...

worldwideed

5.00 star(s)
Don't disagree that it's a bad investment, but I collect baseball cards, so obviously I don't have a problem spending my disposable income on bad investments.
haha, gotta agree with this.

I would say the upside to buying a $1 lottery ticket is pretty big. The upside to burning a $1 bill? Can't really think of any unless you just like to watch fire consume paper.
I'm on several government watch lists.

The downside to buying a $1 lottery ticket? You have most likely just wasted $1. The downside to burning a $1 bill? You have just burned your thumb, the shirt you're wearing, your house, a forest...
I know but I STILL can't stop.:D

Yanks21

5.00 star(s)
I dabble with the lottery. We have all types of games here in Connecticut including instant scratch tickets. Our big one is the Powerball which other states are included. I never really hit anything big but enough to keep me interested in it. As long as I know my limits and play responsibly it is not the devil some make out to be.

I always thought to swap same denomination scratch tickets with members from different states but never pursued it because I thought it might be against some rules here? Does anyone know??

mindbinge

5.00 star(s)
well I'm pretty much talking about playing megaball twice a week...same numbers every time...i spend about $40 a month and take it out of my "entertainment" budget...I can see the problem with people spending their paychecks on scratchers and such...but i'm pretty much in a fixed situation and i know how much i'm spending each month...each year...not a big deal.

bdink25

5.00 star(s)
I don't play the lottery as a rule. It's a big waste of money. Consider this!!! Why not put aside the money you would play on a given day and do that every time you would play. Before you know it you would have a nice chunk of money to get a box of cards. In the end you would have something to show for the money. So if the lottery is a maybe, maybe I'll get lucky. It hasen't happened so far. Stick with the cards. I do play the power ball when it gets over $100 million, about the cost of a cup of coffee. If I win, great!!! If I don't, no big deal.....I don't depend on the lottery.... $0.02 worth. Butch

mindbinge

5.00 star(s)
i dont understand why people only play when its over 100 million but dont when its 12 million? lol...can you not use 12 million for $1 but can use the 100 million? I mean...is $12 million not worth the risk? lol

dlackey

5.00 star(s)
i dont understand why people only play when its over 100 million but dont when its 12 million? lol...can you not use 12 million for $1 but can use the 100 million? I mean...is $12 million not worth the risk? lol

It's worth it to me. I play some on the power ball. I think our's is $65 million right now.

Dennis
________
Angelina Jolie Pic

Last edited: