Anybody else think its dead around here?

bigalbert

5.00 star(s)
It seems like their has been a huge slowdown in posts and trade opportunities. I know it usually slows down in the summer but this year there seems to be an even larger drop off than usual.

Trishlp

5.00 star(s)
I have to agree with you. I think it has to do with the lack of new stuff coming out and the cost of what does come out. The next two products due out for baseball are tribute and triple threads and they are both high $$ sets and my friend who owns a shop said nothing else is coming out until the beginning of september when topps chrome comes out and this is just going to make it even worse for collecting IMO.
Trish

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
Hey Big,

I don't think it is slow, I just think there's not much going on due to the decreased number of products being released. Yeah, summer is slow, but no releases equals no trading, especially for set and player collectors. I actually started working on some of my vintage sets this week and I've been getting all sorts of replies and trades done.

Do you have any projects that you've had on the back burner for a while? Now might be the time to put some effort into them.

Just my .02.

Good luck with your collection!

waterboy12386

5.00 star(s)
I completely agree with you Trish. With Topps being the only official baseball card of MLB, there really is less new stuff out there to buy. And whatever is new and out there, is pretty expensive.

mlbme22

5.00 star(s)
Agreed- less new products & the ones that are being released are big $$$$
Might pick up in the fall when the product releases pick up

redsoxfan1979

5.00 star(s)
Agree- my trade manager is empty for the 1st time since I started here.

Anyone want to trade a common for a common just to get jump started!

Tim Carroll

5.00 star(s)
I like what JFlan mentioned above: pick you a set from the past that caught your eye and gvie it a shot!

Perfect time for it.:)

Tim

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Love having more time to finish inserts sets or have more time to collect funds for the next new product. Best regards, David

VASteelersFan

5.00 star(s)
Hey Big,

I don't think it is slow, I just think there's not much going on due to the decreased number of products being released. Yeah, summer is slow, but no releases equals no trading, especially for set and player collectors. I actually started working on some of my vintage sets this week and I've been getting all sorts of replies and trades done.

Do you have any projects that you've had on the back burner for a while? Now might be the time to put some effort into them.

Just my .02.

Good luck with your collection!

I'm also doing the vintage thing with my Football and Baseball as i really don't collect modern day Baseball anymore-- mostly Football.

metsfan6986

4.90 star(s)
When I first signed up here to the Bench, I had not problem adding to my pc maybe it was bc I started off with very little. Now I have a hard time adding to the pc new and old even the easier issues.

blueted007

5.00 star(s)
I know its slow because of less new products on the market.I went from building sets,to working on my PC collection,to tring to sell some vintage
I had for years now,thats my .02 worth.

Jon

Tankp

5.00 star(s)
This I my first summer on the bench but I think the members are enjoying the out doors with there families. You can blame them summer is short and winters are long. I am going to miss upper deck's additions to MLB. But with so much product out there I believe we should never have a shortage of trading. Only a shortage of vision.
Thanks

knightfam5

5.00 star(s)
I don't do much trading during the summer just because the kids are home from school and are always wanting to go swimming. By the time I get home from work & playing with the kids then I am generally pooped out. I get on here during work hours in the day but not so much after I get home.
-Keith

indigo27

5.00 star(s)
This summer -- really, this whole year -- has definitely been slower. The last two years, I'd easily get to 40-50 trades a month during the summer. But this year, I'm barely pushing 15-20 trades a month, and it's getting much harder to finish even easy sets such as Topps base.

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
I haven't made a trade or even get any responses to posts in weeks. Just gives me more time trying to complete my database of every card I have for trade.