Anyone else having Topps Customer Service issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kraft7014

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
So here is my story....

I sent in a for a redemption a while back. After 3 months or so, I got an email saying that there is a delay. I can choose to wait, or I can request a replacement and asked me to call or email.

No big deal, it happens. So I sent an email back (as specified in their message) asking that they just send a replacement. Topps replies with cut/paste reply asking me to call in.

OK.... Their hours are 8:30 A to 4:30 P, which are very inconvenient for my schedule. I replied via email explaining that their hours conflict with my work schedule and asked if we could resolve the matter over email. Again, they same the exact response asking me to call in..... Completey disregarded my message.

So one day I duck-out of the office early and I thought to call. Called in around 4:00 PM waited on hold for about 10 minutes and then a recording told me that due to high call volume they cannot take my call and asked me to leave a voicemail in their customer service box... but then another recording informs me that the box is full and that I cannot leave a message.

I reply back via email explaining exactly what happened... guess what I get, same exact copy/paste reply. Complete disregard to the content of my message.

Today I took a half-day and I am working from home. I've called at least five times now (put on speaker phone as I work).. Same thing: hold 10 minutes, sorry we cannot take you call leave a message, voicemail box is full, disconnect...

ANYONE ELSE HAVING ISSUES?

Absolutely terrible experience. I was all geared-up to buy my first case EVER: 2012 Topps Update Jumbo.... As you can imagine, that's not going to happen anymore. Sucks because I loved the Update product over the past few years and I was excited to buy my first case.

Actually dialed again, on hold right now... Still listening to David Wright yak away...

Been there done that several times, I even got a Rep on the phone that said they would send me the right thing, TWICE, and they never did it, totally lied to me on more than one occasion.

Ain't no Topps man anymore!

Has also happened to me. It's the same problem with almost every company anywhere because they have all forgotten about the customer. They don't care at all anymore because even if you say you will never buy a Topps product again, there is always another customer who will. They used to have laws against monopolies, but I guess that is also a thing of the past. Remember the slogan, "the customer is always right"? I don't think any company remembers that nowadays. Boy aren't you glad that Topps has cornered the market on Baseball cards? ME NEITHER

It is really just ridiculous. I could probably have my matter resolved in two minutes, if I could actually get in touch with someone.

We've all had bad experiences as customers but this one may be the worst for me. I miss Upper Deck and Fleer....

Thats Terrible...I was going to recommend on a better day or different hour.....be it appears you had all of the bases covered! Hoping for the best....David

Yeah! I can certainly understand at sometimes they are going to be busy.. but if they are like that all the time, they have decided they don't care enough about their customers to staff appropriately.

Yeah! I can certainly understand at sometimes they are going to be busy.. but if they are like that all the time, they have decided they don't care enough about their customers to staff appropriately.

I'm really not a "give up" kind of guy but at some point with these Topps people you have to realize how much time, energy, and effort you're putting into it and it becomes abundantly clear you've reached the point of diminished return.

I was much happier when I decided to let Topps keep my cards. :)

Try them on Twitter:

@Topps_Support
@Toppscards

I've had a few problems that were taken care of quickly by going this route.

You just gotta keep bugging them.. There's someone posting @toppscards today previewing 2012 triple threads.

The saga continues... I still have not talked to a human at Topps, but I was able to leave a voicemail for the first time today! Progress...

They sent me the original "Late Notify" email in mid-June. Here we are in mid-September.