Anyone else think Taylor Swift is a below average singer?

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Just sayin'.

I have a 9 year old daughter, so there is much Swift in this household.

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
My mom was saying the other day she just does not understand how she is so popular. According to her, every show--or award thingie that she performs at--the girl is not good live.

I don't watch that junk so I couldn't tell you:p

Fatboycards

5.00 star(s)
same here never thought she was not that great ,and while on the topic of bad singers. I dont think anyone can top the new teen heart throb Justin Bieber. I saw him on the today show and he is really bad... plus all he does is sing the same lyrics over and over in his songs. Plus he acts way to cocky. jmo

Last edited:

HockeyBrawler

5.00 star(s)
Yes.

But if you're checking her out for her musical abilities, you're doing it wrong. And I agree: "Justin Bieber," loosely translated into English from my own language that I will invent one day, means "Epic Suck."

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Yes.

But if you're checking her out for her musical abilities, you're doing it wrong. And I agree: "Justin Bieber," loosely translated into English from my own language that I will invent one day, means "Epic Suck."

Wow, really? I thought I saw her outside my house today so I went out to get her autograph for my daughter but turns out it was just a stick that had fallen off a tree and was stuck upright in the ground. :D

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
Wow, really? I thought I saw her outside my house today so I went out to get her autograph for my daughter but turns out it was just a stick that had fallen off a tree and was stuck upright in the ground. :D

hehe. Ever since I saw her mom all I can think about is how in 20 years she is going to look just like her, you be the judge.

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I don't think that disney and the other record companies are too worried about people like me liking or not liking Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber or The Jonas Brothers or other people like that. What matters is that kids like mine go crazy for them. Which means I get to fork over the dough for t-shirts, movies, concert tickets and the rest of that junk. I think that Hannah Montana actually has a nice voice but I doubt I am going to listen to her music while I am in my truck alone.

I guess to each his own but someone in these record companies is doing something very right.

Motown G

5.00 star(s)
Never have or will be a fan of all that packaged "stuff " that is called music these days; but I guess they are not marketing to me anyways! The under 14 crowd maybe??

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
The one that bugs me is Lady GaGa. They say she was at Churchhill Downs and someone put a saddle on her back. At post time she was a 7/2 favorite. She has no talent or looks.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Yea, Gaga is not a looker. Don't think she wants to be with all that getup. My wife and daughter have been jamming to "Bad Romance" though...kind of catchy, but that may be a result of having heard it 22 times on the IPod yesterday...

gwynn_fan

5.00 star(s)
Okay...I personally think Ms Swift is one of the most talented country singers out there...She writes and sings her own songs, has some of the best lyrics and some of the best music videos. She is intelligent, articulate and witty. At six feet tall, I for one do not think she is too skinny.
For those like me who can't afford every album that comes out, try your local library and down load them to your ipod.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
She is a talented songwriter, no doubt. I just happen to think that her singing voice is not one of the best I've heard.

DMS6391

4.90 star(s)
Not a big fan of her's. All her songs seem the same to me. In general a lot of the newer country songs have turned me off to country music. I used to enjoy listening to country a little (although it wasn't my favorite genre), I now can't even stand to listen to most of it.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Not a big fan of her's. All her songs seem the same to me. In general a lot of the newer country songs have turned me off to country music. I used to enjoy listening to country a little (although it wasn't my favorite genre), I now can't even stand to listen to most of it.

I felt that way a little while back, but a few really good songs have came out since then:

Hillbilly Bone
Gimme That Girl
Backwoods
Rain is a Good Thing

And a few others I can't think of right now. But I like that good ol' boy Hank Jr. style stuff since I'm from the hills of Eastern Kentucky, so that could be why I like those songs so much.

elmesero5

4.70 star(s)
Let me just say, being a musician myself, that I hope that the guy who is mastering their tracks is getting about 80% (at least) of the money they get. That's where their "talent" comes from. It's just like the guy who airbrushes magazine pictures. Nothing is real anymore. Just my thoughts.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Ok, well the thread has gotten away from the original point....I don't think she can sing very well. Listen to one of her live performances and you will see what I mean.