Anyone good with Macs? I need a scanner software...

TJCloutier

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I have an HP Deskjet F300 series printer/scanner that I plug in via USB to my Macbook Pro. Well I want to scan my Sheffs but the scanning program that's on the mac cant zoom, crop, or do anything really. I'm looking for one that is compatible with my HP scanner but on my MAC. There's tons of free software online but I'm yet to find one that works. Can anyone help?! Thanks!

mindbinge

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
thats what i use as well...once you figure it all out it's usually better than the manuf. software anyway....only thing i've found so far that i dont like is that you can't combine images to make a panoramic view...which kinda sucks if you are scanning a large object and need to piece it together.

jdshuskers

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Click on the "Import" button on the top left of the screen. Then on the next screen it will say "Import from" and you can select your scanner.

TJCloutier

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Click on the "Import" button on the top left of the screen. Then on the next screen it will say "Import from" and you can select your scanner.

Well I havn't scanned anything yet... is that ok? I'm somewhat new to this. On my old program I could just hit preview... crop what I wanted scan...then scan and it'd save them and I could edit or whatever after the fact. Is this similar?

indigo27

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Can you not use Image Capture (comes included with OS X) for what you're doing? I'm able to scan/crop/zoom with Image Capture.

jdshuskers

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Well I havn't scanned anything yet... is that ok? I'm somewhat new to this. On my old program I could just hit preview... crop what I wanted scan...then scan and it'd save them and I could edit or whatever after the fact. Is this similar?

That's fine. When you choose your scanner from the "Import From" list, it will give you a screen where you can preview the scan and then crop only what you want to import.

mindbinge

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
If your scanner has a button on the front of it, just push that and it should bring up the scanner programs...you might need to hit it twice...some have that so you dont accidentially start scanning without wanting to.