anyone good with resumes?

97honda

5.00 star(s)
Today I quit my job, I know it isn't smart to do with the economy but I couldn't take it anymore in the store I was in. My GM was insane to say the least.

Basically I need help building a resume and I would prefer not to pay for one to be built. I have to start hitting the job market big time now, I have 3 years of Food Service Management no under my belt which is by far the hardest in terms of customer service IMO. I started as a server and lasted only 4 months until promoted then promoted again another year later. If anyone can help me with this please let me know, Thank you!

dankir96

4.90 star(s)
Today I quit my job, I know it isn't smart to do with the economy but I couldn't take it anymore in the store I was in. My GM was insane to say the least.

Basically I need help building a resume and I would prefer not to pay for one to be built. I have to start hitting the job market big time now, I have 3 years of Food Service Management no under my belt which is by far the hardest in terms of customer service IMO. I started as a server and lasted only 4 months until promoted then promoted again another year later. If anyone can help me with this please let me know, Thank you!

You're right, that wasn't a smart thing to do. The economy is a mess and unfortunately you walked right into on your own. I was out of work for 10 months before I got another job. In my opinion, you should have sucked it up and stayed at the job UNTIL you found a new one. I hate to be so blunt, but there's no way to sugarcoat this.

rynofan23

5.00 star(s)
I can help you. Email me whatever you have. Give me detailed work history and education. Let me know what kind of jobs you are hunting, and I can tailor the resume to those jobs. Also provide me with a summary of skillsets you have that would benefit you in the job you want.

Tai
taile_23@cox.net

97honda

5.00 star(s)
You're right, that wasn't a smart thing to do. The economy is a mess and unfortunately you walked right into on your own. I was out of work for 10 months before I got another job. In my opinion, you should have sucked it up and stayed at the job UNTIL you found a new one. I hate to be so blunt, but there's no way to sugarcoat this.

If I was right then why throw salt into the wound? You have no idea the job situation I was under and all the thought and time I put into my decision though, so it is always easy for an outsider with no info to say suck it up.

dankir96

4.90 star(s)
If I was right then why throw salt into the wound? You have no idea the job situation I was under and all the thought and time I put into my decision though, so it is always easy for an outsider with no info to say suck it up.

I'm sorry, but i've lived what you're about to go through and It sucks. I just hope you have better luck than I had. All i'm doing is stating the reality of the situation. I hope you don't have a family to support like I did. Good luck.

97honda

5.00 star(s)
It is possible given the track record of my boss, and the situation that occured I will be reinstated but transfered to another unit which would be great. I have started to apply already today so I'll be waiting for word from another company or from my bosses boss on what to do.

dankir96

4.90 star(s)
It is possible given the track record of my boss, and the situation that occured I will be reinstated but transfered to another unit which would be great. I have started to apply already today so I'll be waiting for word from another company or from my bosses boss on what to do.

Well that's good. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad or bust your chops. Like I said, i've lived it and it's not fun. Again, good luck.

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
WOW, I wish I had job to consider quitting from !

As long as I was getting paid reasonably, and by reasonably I mean just enough to pay my bills, I would do just about anything right now. Crazy insane boss who cares ? As long as they're not harming your "stature' as far as the company sees you let em be as wacky as they want.

I'm not trying to bust your nads either. I made plenty of really bad decisions at your age. Like dankir96 said, I hope it works out for you. Really !

97honda

5.00 star(s)
Mintman- That is actually exactly what he was doing. He always demeans and threatens his staff and fellow managers. Yelling, cussing, throwing objects etc, saying he doesn't care about staff or other managers at all and stuff like that. I persevered for over a year while trying to change him and had spoke with a few people higher up the chain then him but to no avail while with the company.

97honda

5.00 star(s)
Ryno, thanks for the offer.

This may have been a good choice to quit overall, I got a resume out and already have 2 interviews set up. Can't wait to see how they go, maybe I won't be jobless long.

avstars

5.00 star(s)
You can always post your resume and we can give you feedbacks on it. Make sure you highlight all the accomplishments of the jobs.