Anyone here watching The Celebrity Apprentice?

dankir96

5.00 star(s)
I've been watching this season's Celebrity Apprentice since it started a few weeks ago. Last night Darryl Strawberry asked to be fired when he not only did nothing wrong with the task, but he didn't really do anything. He said he was tired and didn't want to see any of his teammates get fired. THE GUY FLAT OUT QUIT! I'll bet the charity he was playing for just loved that.

quambomb

5.00 star(s)
I don't watch, but I have in the past. It is respectable to take the loss for his team, but I agree with you and bet his charity is disappointed

dankir96

5.00 star(s)
I don't watch, but I have in the past. It is respectable to take the loss for his team, but I agree with you and bet his charity is disappointed

The problem is that he really didn't take the "hit" for the team. He just didn't want to be there. He said that he's used to waking up at noon and this early rise stuff was killing him. Loser!

quambomb

5.00 star(s)
wow, now that I know that then that is just sad and pathetic. sometimes even people like Darryl Strawberry need to wake up and make a sacrifice.

brazin

5.00 star(s)
I've been watching this season's Celebrity Apprentice since it started a few weeks ago. Last night Darryl Strawberry asked to be fired when he not only did nothing wrong with the task, but he didn't really do anything. He said he was tired and didn't want to see any of his teammates get fired. THE GUY FLAT OUT QUIT! I'll bet the charity he was playing for just loved that.

from the looks of it, they dont know he quit....

tglg

5.00 star(s)
Well, there is a bit more to the story. He now lives in St. Louis, and he was on the news last night. He held a gala watch party, and raised $4000 for the autistic charity of his. He was interviewed and said he was completely drained for person reasons, which included a book signing tour that he had just gotten back from when he started the show. There were several other factor as well.

He also stated that he did go back for the finale (hope I am not giving away too much) and stated that Trump was glad to see him back, and wanted to acknowledge that Strawberry was portrayed as "quitting" on his charity, and that for coming back, Trump gave his charity a check for $25,000. And to be honest, I didn't think Strawberry was showing like he could lead a task anyways, and that would be the only way he would have won for his charity. So it winds up a win/win in the long run. Strawberry's charity got $25K, and anything that Michael Johnson raises for his from here on out is a bonus, as he should have/would have gotten fired. As good as he is/was in the task, ultimately it was the project manager that made the bad decision on all the text in the ad.

brazin

5.00 star(s)
Well, there is a bit more to the story. He now lives in St. Louis, and he was on the news last night. He held a gala watch party, and raised $4000 for the autistic charity of his. He was interviewed and said he was completely drained for person reasons, which included a book signing tour that he had just gotten back from when he started the show. There were several other factor as well.

He also stated that he did go back for the finale (hope I am not giving away too much) and stated that Trump was glad to see him back, and wanted to acknowledge that Strawberry was portrayed as "quitting" on his charity, and that for coming back, Trump gave his charity a check for $25,000. And to be honest, I didn't think Strawberry was showing like he could lead a task anyways, and that would be the only way he would have won for his charity. So it winds up a win/win in the long run. Strawberry's charity got $25K, and anything that Michael Johnson raises for his from here on out is a bonus, as he should have/would have gotten fired. As good as he is/was in the task, ultimately it was the project manager that made the bad decision on all the text in the ad.

Man, I felt a little bad about the joke I made in thread above yours and was coming back and read this and feel like a real jackhole :(
I really do Appreciate Strawberry's efforts. It takes a lot to try and do something good for other people. My earlier comment was of stupidity
and a lack of compassion for the charity involved. If I offended
anyone who reads this thread,Please excuse my ignorance and distasteful humor.

dankir96

5.00 star(s)
Well I stand corrected about the Straw-Man. I did not know this. I guess he's a decent guy after all. Perhaps they should have announced that after it aired last night?

I agree with your comment that he probably would not done a good enough job to win for his charity when he was up as PM.

tglg

5.00 star(s)
Yeah, and please understand, I am not a Strawberry fan. As a Cards fan, I totally disliked him when he was with the Mets. But the local news comes on right after Celebrity Apprentice here, and they had a preview during the show. So I stayed up and watched it, and I was glad I did. It shed a new light on him, and he seemed very humble and very geniune, which I didn't percieve of him when I was watching the show.

Plus, he was too chummy with the loser Blago. He speaks of how great he was for our state, yet this state that he speaks about how much he helps is on the verge of bankruptcy. And our goverment is now cutting resources for our most valuable assett, our children. My kids school district alone just had a budget cut of $4 MILLION, and let go 60 teachers and aides. And it is the same for all the districts around us and throughout the state. Every time Blago speaks, it makes my skin crawl. I wish they would update the show on the crisis he left our state in. He comments on his greatness, but all he was was a Chicago puppet who was put into office by the power and corruption of the people in Chicago who don't shoot straight. The dude can't form his own opinion, and you can see that on the show. He can't type or do pretty much anything. The one thing he can do is bull**** and shake people's hands, as if anyone cares. I loved when their was some people calling him crook and such. And when some people actually thought he was Donnie Osmond (I feel sorry for Osmond, LOL).

You know, he didn't even live in the Governor's mansion in Springfield, IL. He lived in Chicago, and used tax payers money to fly back and forth from Chicago and Springfield for his duties. What a joke. Sorry for getting off topic, but I have WAY MORE REPSECT FOR STRAWBERRY THAN BLAGO, AND THAT IS AFTER KNOWING ALL THE STUFF ABOUT STRAWBERRY'S PAST.

Last edited by a moderator:

dankir96

5.00 star(s)
I don't know much about Blago except for what i've read or seen in the news. But watching him on this show makes me wonder how the hell he ever got to be the Governor. The guy is a complete moron. He can't type? You mean to tell me he never typed an email while in office? The men will be in deep trouble when he's selected to be PM...If he even makes it that far.

bdink25

5.00 star(s)
None of us have any idea what goes on for the whole week while they're doing the task. They (TV editors) just show what is good and makes the show interesting. Judging from what they showed there is a lot of friction among the guys. Being the project leader puts you under a lot of stress. I think that when they are in that position their mind goes numb. They just to seem to focus on their own ideas and don't have a clear rationing mind. I was sorry to see Darryl go. I don't think that the Governor did anything at all yet. I would like to see him as the project manager. He can't even type. He's always had everything done for him. Crazy show...

bblair_2002

5.00 star(s)
Get Rod Blagojevich off that show. I'm sick of him talking like a politician all the time and talking around everything and many times I find myself saying stfu at the tv every time he opens his mouth. I feel kinda bad for Bret and Cyndi because I'm sure they have great ideas but in Cyndi's case,she's too long winded and needs to get to the points she's trying to make quicker.

Maria Kanellis is a goddess and she's the main reason I watch the show anyway lol.