Awards gone from profile.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I was checking my profile and awards information was wipe clean. Was the Bench Buddy for 2007. Best regards, David

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I was checking my profile and awards information was wipe clean. Was the Bench Buddy for 2007. Best regards, David

Sorry, must've missed this one somehow. I'll look into this today. Hopefully all the data is still there somewhere. If so, it should be an easy fix to get it to show back up.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member

I've found the way the awards are supposed to be displayed. Unfortunately, all of the awards data is missing from the database. I'm going to load a copy of the original backup I took after acquiring the site to find out if this happened before, or after, I took over. If this is something that was done after I took over I'll still have the data in a backup and I'll be able to get it back. Otherwise, I'm afraid, there's not going to be any way for me to recover the data. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Ok, so here's what's happening with this. At some point before I acquired the site all the awards data except the Golf tourny awards was deleted. Basically, the profile fields that contained all the necessary data were completely removed.

After browsing old site data for the last 3 hours I have found a backup that seems to contain the data needed to fix it. The problem is, I won't be able to automatically apply this data without writing some custom code to do it for me, then also rewriting the awards feature code to use the new profile field data IDs.

So, while I can fix it, it's going to take me some time.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Ok, so here's what's happening with this. At some point before I acquired the site all the awards data except the Golf tourny awards was deleted. Basically, the profile fields that contained all the necessary data were completely removed.

After browsing old site data for the last 3 hours I have found a backup that seems to contain the data needed to fix it. The problem is, I won't be able to automatically apply this data without writing some custom code to do it for me, then also rewriting the awards feature code to use the new profile field data IDs.

So, while I can fix it, it's going to take me some time.

Okay! No problem on the time! Thanks, David

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
I'm going to be "that guy" here, because that is how I am. Is it really worth the time it is going to take so that some awards from 2007 show up on a profile in 2020? Seems like time would be better spent elsewhere, but that is just an opinion of a guy who probably didn't have any awards on his profile.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I'm going to be "that guy" here, because that is how I am. Is it really worth the time it is going to take so that some awards from 2007 show up on a profile in 2020? Seems like time would be better spent elsewhere, but that is just an opinion of a guy who probably didn't have any awards on his profile.

No, you're absolutely right. I'm definitely not going to prioritize this issue over some of the other things I have going on. I thought it might be a quick fix but the more I looked into it, and now see what the issue is, that's just not the case. For the record, the issue is not just for awards from 2007. It's from any award ever given, except for the golf awards. So, any other awards given, throughout the history of this site, are all gone. I'd like to get those awards back but, like you said, there are other things that have to be worked on first. I've got a major site upgrade coming later this year so, at least for now, that's the top priority.