Baseball to start up on July 23 or 24th......60 game season.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Definitely excited to wake up to this news this morning! Even if fans can't go to the stadiums to see the games, it will be nice to have it back in our lives. Glad both sides came to their senses and realized working together to find a solution beat the heck out of arguing and NOT playing.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Definitely excited to wake up to this news this morning! Even if fans can't go to the stadiums to see the games, it will be nice to have it back in our lives. Glad both sides came to their senses and realized working together to find a solution beat the heck out of arguing and NOT playing.
Still hoping that a limited number of fans be allowed to watch.......even if I have to pay more.....and be high up in the stadium....would be worth it. Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Still hoping that a limited number of fans be allowed to watch.......even if I have to pay more.....and be high up in the stadium....would be worth it. Best regards, David

I could get on board with that idea. Of course, the closest stadium to me is Camden Yards, and pretty sure last year - their biggest crowd would have been considered socially distance safe.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I just heard on the news that the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown is opening on Friday. From what I gather it is by appointment only and you can only aquire tickets online.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Good news....but with masks and social distancing..........

I'm sure that is a requirement. I talked to some friends that went to Cooperstown a week ago today and they said the town was empty and you could park anywhere you wanted which is definately not the way things are there normally in the Summer.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
To many people acting like this hot weather will end the virus.......our numbers are going up.......last week knew this would happen....just because your young and up in the mountains with fresh air and cooler temps.....does not mean ....you don't need masks or social distancing......Only people wearing mask were the workers at the Hunger Hut......and my fishing partners....everyone else was not wearing a mask.....I understand you can't when your eating.....but ordering you need them. Best regards, David

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
To many people acting like this hot weather will end the virus.......our numbers are going up.......last week knew this would happen....just because your young and up in the mountains with fresh air and cooler temps.....does not mean ....you don't need masks or social distancing......Only people wearing mask were the workers at the Hunger Hut......and my fishing partners....everyone else was not wearing a mask.....I understand you can't when your eating.....but ordering you need them. Best regards, David

There is some thought that the virus is spread through air conditioning which is why NY state is not opening gyms, movie theatres or malls this Friday as was ewxpected.. Apparently many of the Southern/Southwestern states have been hot lately and people are being driven indoors to the air conditioning to escape the heat and this is possible where the virus is spread.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
I'm sure that is a requirement. I talked to some friends that went to Cooperstown a week ago today and they said the town was empty and you could park anywhere you wanted which is definately not the way things are there normally in the Summer.

We were there on a Friday last June (the 6th) and it was busy, we got to the hall right when it opened so got to see everything without having to wait, but it was filling up later in the day. I'm thankful they can open, the shop owners need the revenue!

Blessings,

Kevin

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Just like I predicted.....the virus numbers jumped in CA ........and the governor wants everyone wear masks.....but a lot of people again....don't want to.....so I'm expecting another shut down if people don't get smart......don't want to go thru another 10 weeks!

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Again people its not your rights! If u want to learn about your rights.....go to youtube and look up George Carlin people rights and learn about your f.....rights. Best regards, David

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Just like I predicted.....the virus numbers jumped in CA ........and the governor wants everyone wear masks.....but a lot of people again....don't want to.....so I'm expecting another shut down if people don't get smart......don't want to go thru another 10 weeks!

I can't believe people are not wearing masks. I went out yesterday and forgot my mask, because I'm not really used to wearing it. My neighbors keep coming up to me when I'm outside and they have no consideration how close they get. I had to tell them to keep a safe distance. My son has two necessary jobs, fortunately they make him wear a mask. You would think a 30 year old would care about not getting sick. The thing is, if I get the virus, I'm probably a goner with my chronic health problems including asthma and COPD and I'll be 65 this year. I wish other people would think what there doing to others.

Rhubarb_Runner

5.00 star(s)
I can't believe people are not wearing masks. I went out yesterday and forgot my mask, because I'm not really used to wearing it. My neighbors keep coming up to me when I'm outside and they have no consideration how close they get. I had to tell them to keep a safe distance. My son has two necessary jobs, fortunately they make him wear a mask. You would think a 30 year old would care about not getting sick. The thing is, if I get the virus, I'm probably a goner with my chronic health problems including asthma and COPD and I'll be 65 this year. I wish other people would think what there doing to others.

Exactly right -- I have neighbors the same way. I wear my mask when I'm out SPECIFICALLY for folks like you that are at risk. My daughter is also potentially at risk. If people don't wake up and be thoughtful, we'll all be stuck at home for good again.

I'm excited for baseball, but even if the season starts, I don't see it ending well. All it takes is a couple teams with positive tests and the schedule starts looking like swiss cheese.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
It had not occurred to me until now, but will there be any HOF new members this year?

The 2020 Class is not getting inducted until next year on a separate weekend from the Class of 2021. Pro Football just canecled their HOF game scheduled for August and moved it and the induction ceremony to 2021. One aspect I had not thought of was the NFL was worried about all the elderly HOF inductees that would be going to that ceremony and the NFL did not wnat to expose them to the virus due to the large crowds.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
The 2020 Class is not getting inducted until next year on a separate weekend from the Class of 2021. Pro Football just canecled their HOF game scheduled for August and moved it and the induction ceremony to 2021. One aspect I had not thought of was the NFL was worried about all the elderly HOF inductees that would be going to that ceremony and the NFL did not wnat to expose them to the virus due to the large crowds.

I'm glad the Halls are making the necessary adjustments, better safe than sorry, just in general....we also use masks, and as I am a school social worker, we just ordered some face shields from instashield.com, and love them, they allow a lot more breathability while still offering protection on both ends. Hopefully people will be considerate of everyone else and we can get this thing over with!!

Blessings,

Kevin