Baseball to start up on July 23 or 24th......60 game season.

David K.

4.90 star(s)
Twins beat the Pirates and .....Yankees lose to Philly and then the a make up a game against Philly they win........Twins 10-2 Yankees 9-2 Best record at this point ...no longer the Yankees : ( .......Its Twins and the Cubs...

Last edited:

David K.

4.90 star(s)
Sorry...my team against all of the rest........right b???? Next reply with show the next letter in your id......and so on....

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Still having some cancelled series, but overall, things seem to be going well with MLB right now.

Not sure what Clevinger and Plesac were thinking in Cleveland, not the brightest of moves.

Love that Tatis, Jr. took a 3-0 pitch and turned it into a grand slam - not sure why the Rangers got so upset about it. And not sure why the Padres manager had to call him out publicly to tell him he missed a take sign. Even better, the next night, he went out and stole a base up 6 in the late innings.

I like a lot of the "unwritten rules" of baseball, but I also understand that the game needs some energy and some exuberance of youth.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
It was about 4 months late, but glad to see that MLB incorporated Jackie Robinson Day into the schedule yesterday.

I know the trade deadline is coming up - haven't seen a lot of movement. I know the Phillies picked up some bullpen help ( I know - oxymoron for the Phillies!!) And saw that the A's picked up Tommy LaStella from the Angels. Should be interesting to see who the buyers are and who the sellers are, especially with the expanded playoffs.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Padres look to be making a run at it this year! Picking up Austin Nola and Mike Clevinger before the deadline.

We must be slowing down as a group - no mention of the White Sox no hitter. Think they may be in 1st place in AL Central right now??

And no mention of the Tribe double play that was one in a million - 3 - 2 - 8. That doesn't ring out like Tinkers/Evers/Chance, does it???

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Almost half the season...Twins fallin back .....need to kick it in gear the last 30 games.....

Right now, 3rd in the AL Central, but only 1.5 games behind White Sox & .5 games behind the Indians. But I believe, even if season ended today, they would qualify for the playoffs, based on the number of teams being taken. Surprisingly enough, the Phillies would also qualify for post season if it started today.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of Cal Ripken, Jr. playing in consecutive game # 2131. Hasn't been a lot to cheer at down in Birdland since that point.

I was lucky enough to be at game # 2,130 for the record tying game -- ticket was free - just had to trade some baseball cards for it - all junk wax era stuff.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Twins sweep a 3 game set from the Tribe over the weekend....within a game of 1st place White Sox. ESPN playoff predictor has them as a 100% lock to make the playoffs.

While at the same time...the Phillies lose 3 of 5 to the Marlins and slip into 3rd place in the NL East and see their playoff predictor fall from the 90%+ range into the low 80% range. Nothing like Philly sports teams to just keep kicking you when you are down!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Beginning to think the White Sox are for real this year -- figured the momentum the Twins got from beating up the Indians over the weekend would carry over into the White Sox series..guess that was a wrong assumption as the Sox take the first two....

Missed the Cubs no-no on Sunday, 2nd one of the year. And Pujols got HR # 660 for the career. Crazy season, but amazing baseball stuff still happening on a daily basis.