Basketball Playoffs have been boring.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Not a huge NBA fan anyway, but I watched the last 5 minutes of Clippers/Spurs Game 7 and that is it. Although, I will say, the press conference after Rockets/Warriors Game 1 was solid, Steph Curry's daughter was adorable!

metsman1986

5.00 star(s)
Not a huge NBA fan either........And since the Grizzlies are done, so am I.........They sure fire up people around here...........

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
they are alright but what do you expect from the NBA just have to watch the last 5 mins of the game I did watch the Rockets and Warriors and that was one great game to watch especially Curry and Harden in the 4th

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Clippers knocking off the champs from last year.....love being losted from the Cavs and they still beat Bulls....Golden State winning and winning.....Great playoffs so far! Best regards, David

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I would say the NBA playoffs have been a little disappointing due to two major factors. First the Eastern Conference is very weak so the Cavs getting in seems like a foregone conclusion despite their injury problems. And in the West the major factor is injuries for just about every team. Jeff Van Gundy has even mentioned how it would have been great to see this year's playoffs with all the teams healthy. I know injuries are a part of the game but this year is an exceptionally bad year for major injuries that either knock key players out or hamper them badly. Heck, just look at the pre season Western Conference favorites the OKC Thunder who did not even make the playoffs due to injuries to Durant, Westbrook and Ibakka!

That being said the Spurs/Clippers and the Clippers/Rockets have been outstanding series. And there have been some barn burners with last second, game winning buzzer beaters in both conferences.

And did anyone see last night's game between the Rockets and the Warriors? That was the farthest thing from boring.

I think the NBA is in a Golden Age right now and for me is the best sport to watch. I'm dead serious about that too. MLB lost me 15 years ago and the NFL is becoming nearly unwatchable for me. I never thought I'd say that about the NFL either. College football is OK but college basketball is absolutely terrible to watch anymore.

So yes the NBA Playoffs are somewhat disappointing this year but even with that I still enjoy watching them more then any other major sport, pro or college, presently.

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
I would say the NBA playoffs have been a little disappointing due to two major factors. First the Eastern Conference is very weak so the Cavs getting in seems like a foregone conclusion despite their injury problems. And in the West the major factor is injuries for just about every team. Jeff Van Gundy has even mentioned how it would have been great to see this year's playoffs with all the teams healthy. I know injuries are a part of the game but this year is an exceptionally bad year for major injuries that either knock key players out or hamper them badly. Heck, just look at the pre season Western Conference favorites the OKC Thunder who did not even make the playoffs due to injuries to Durant, Westbrook and Ibakka!

That being said the Spurs/Clippers and the Clippers/Rockets have been outstanding series. And there have been some barn burners with last second, game winning buzzer beaters in both conferences.

And did anyone see last night's game between the Rockets and the Warriors? That was the farthest thing from boring.

I think the NBA is in a Golden Age right now and for me is the best sport to watch. I'm dead serious about that too. MLB lost me 15 years ago and the NFL is becoming nearly unwatchable for me. I never thought I'd say that about the NFL either. College football is OK but college basketball is absolutely terrible to watch anymore.

So yes the NBA Playoffs are somewhat disappointing this year but even with that I still enjoy watching them more then any other major sport, pro or college, presently.
I agree 100%. Maybe that is because of the teams I root for. The Browns are and always will be dreadful. I really thought the Indians would be pretty good this year. Sports Illustrated even picked them to win the World Series. Now they will be lucky to get out of last place. And then there is LeBron. I will watch and continue to watch. In fact I am watching the Cavs game right now.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
I would say that LeBron has gotten everyone excited again, just like Bird in the 80s and Jordan in the 90s!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Once it gets to a clinching game in the Finals, I will tune in to check a score. While it would be nice if the Cavs can win to end Clevelands championship drought, I will be pulling for Golden State to win it all. Why the utter contradiction you ask? Simple. Kyrie Irving is a Cavalier. Harrison Barnes is a Warrior.

t.rooster

4.90 star(s)
Not a big NBA fan myself, but the Clippers are a home favorite here and their farm team located here took the championships, so it would be wild to see the biggies make it twice as sweet. Also, I love watching Curry...

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
As bad as the Conference Finals ended up being, I think the Finals looks to be a great matchup with the best team vs the best player. I'll absolutely be watching this series even though my team, the Spurs, was eliminated weeks ago.

It is kind of odd that I like LeBron but always root against him. Shaq was the same way for me as I liked him too but always rooted against him. I guess pulling for Shaq and LeBron is much like rooting for Goliath against David although in both case these two seemed to be standing in the path of the Spurs.

If Irving gets healthy during this layoff, I think this series is a coin flip despite what the odds makers say, I just can't see LeBron getting blown out in this series so I am looking for a 7 game series.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Well now it looks like I am going to have to change my mind and agree with the original poster that the playoffs this year are indeed boring. After two one sided conference finals we had an 8 day wait for the Finals to begin and lo and behold yet another major injury strikes as Kyrie Irving.........the Cav's 2nd best payer fractures his kneecap and is out for the remainder of the playoffs. I just cannot see how Cleveland can even make this competitive now unless the Warriors suffer a catastrophic injury or two.

So the injury bug strikes yet again ruining what should have been an EPIC Western Conference playoff to now ruining at the very least a compelling Finals match up.

Think about how different things would look right now if Shumpert's desperation shot at the buzzer had gone in and the Cavs would have not only a 1-0 lead but would also have Irving who was injured moments later in OT!!

From OKC to the Spurs to the Blazers to the Grizzlies to the Rockets and now to the Cavs (and whomever else I may have missed) the injuries just ravaged what looked to be a fantastic NBA playoffs. Oh well, there is always next year.

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
What a bummer!! But I remember LeBron saying that it would take a little while before they win a title. Even though he most likely is one of the three or four greatest players of all time I just do not think he can do it all himself. But I already am looking forward to next year when Lamarcus Aldridge joins Cleveland. With Love and Irving healthy and Aldridge helping out it should be a banner year for the Cavs. Pun intended.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
What a bummer!! But I remember LeBron saying that it would take a little while before they win a title. Even though he most likely is one of the three or four greatest players of all time I just do not think he can do it all himself. But I already am looking forward to next year when Lamarcus Aldridge joins Cleveland. With Love and Irving healthy and Aldridge helping out it should be a banner year for the Cavs. Pun intended.
Wow! That game 2 was a shocker! I would not give up hope just yet on the Cavs winning it this year.

The Warriors seem really tight. I think with Irving out they are under a lot of pressure to win because now every one expects them to. On top of that certain weaknesses have been exposed in this series. One is they cannot seem to rebound which makes me wonder how they got so highly rated on defense. Secondly, they have no post up game. When those threes are not falling they have no inside threat as the next option. And thirdly, they do not seem to be moving the ball like they were in the regular season. Their ball movement is not reminiscent of last year's Spurs team which ripped apart a far superior Heat team to this year's Cavs squad w/o Irving and Love.

So just when I was ready to throw in the towel on the excitement (or lack thereof)of this year's playoffs.............I change my mind yet AGAIN!

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
I will never lose hope but the Irving injury shook me. If the Cavs can win these next two games at home then the series is over. I do not see Cleveland losing three in a row. I have been waiting 44 years for a title in Cleveland and I really think this may be the year.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I have no dog in this fight as my Spurs were knocked out in the first round, but this has been a GREAT finals. The games have been ugly but highly entertaining and suspenseful. I am very much looking forward to this game tonight.

I was getting LeBron fatigue but this performance in the Finals shows he is by far the best player in the NBA and an historically great player. Almost no one lives up to the hype that he has gotten over the years but he actually exceeds it.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
The better team won. May have been a different story if LeBron had his compadres. Congrats to Harrison Barnes for adding another title to the UNC legacy.

Sponsors