Finally got the terms/rules updated. The old policies are quoted below, for reference only, but the only terms and rules that apply at this time are the ones located here: https://thebenchtrading.com/help/terms/
Since I still haven't gotten around to updating our terms and rules, I wanted to post the current Bench policies here for member reference. These are the rules that all members should abide by, without exception.
Please be advised that none of this is new. All of these policies are copy/pasted from before I acquired this site so there should be no surprises here. There were a few changes that I made as a result of the software update. Those changes are shown with the original crossed out, and the new text immediately following.
Code of Conduct
We have simple rules here at The Bench. Basically, don't act like a moron and you won't have any problems. We are all here to trade cards, make friends, and we're all fairly easy to get along with.
The following will not be tolerated here at The Bench.
- Bad Traders
- Abusive or Obscene Posts or Private Messages (Immediate Suspension)
- Harassment via e-mail, Private Message or Post (Immediate Suspension)
- Spamming on the boards. This includes affiliate or referral links to other web sites. We do not allow our members to post referral links to The Bench in forums which prohibit it.
- Unsolicited offers through Private Messages. We do not allow our members to be pestered in this manner. A message would be considered unsolicited unless at least one of the following applies:
- You have previously made similar deals with the trader
- You are responding to a recent post by the trader. If you are offering to sell, the other trader must have explicitly stated in the post that they are willing to buy.
- The trader has a want list or trade list on their web site and you are asking for cards on their trade list, offering cards on their want list or both. Once again, if you are offering to sell, the other trader must have explicitly stated on their web site that they are willing to buy.(1st Offense = Warning. Continued offenses = Suspension)
- Ignoring Moderators. If you ignore a Moderators request to contact them regarding trade issues, or site issues, you can be suspended until you comply.
- Abusing the Trade Manager. The trade Manager is for posting Trades, Sales, or for posting Free Cards for the sake of getting a members address. Using the Trade Manager to artificially inflate your Bench Point totals or Trader Ratings, by posting fake trades or posting free cards as trades will not be tolerated.
After creating a new thread, please allow 24 hours before bumping.
Replying to your own thread, when your own post is the last post in the thread, in order to have it appear at the top of the Forum, is considered bumping.
If you are caught abusing this policy you will be warned via PM and Email. If you choose to ignore the warning your account will be suspended 5 days.
For the sake of fairness, It is preferred you Bump as few threads as possible within a single Forum at one time, so as not to monopolize the top of any single Forum. That way, one trader does not have 3+ threads at the top of a particular Forum at any one time. We understand that this isn't always possible, but in consideration of your fellow traders it is a suggested guideline.
Please combine your posts whenever possible.
For example, if you are collecting two different sets, create one Thread for the two sets, not two Threads.
We ask for you to combine posts to keep the boards uncluttered. It also falls under the courtesy to other traders as far as the bumping rules are concerned (having to only bump one thread instead of multiple ones)
Double Posting / Cross Posting
Do not post the same thread in more than one forum at the same time.
For example, if you want to trade a Pujols auto, you may chose to post in Baseball for Trade/Sale or Baseball High Dollar for Trade/Sale, but not both.
Grab Bags / Mystery Boxes
We do not allow Grab Bag or Mystery boxes to be offered on The Bench.
Links in Signatures
Signatures may include links to any of the following:
- Personal webpages
- Legitimate card related resources
- Team web sites
- Player web sites
- The member's auctions
- Sports related blogs
Signatures may not include links to any of the following:<br>
- Affiliate links where you get paid by the click
- Sites with objectionable material
- Links to gambling or sportsbook sites
More than one user name is prohibited.
Users caught attempting to sign up multiple accounts will be suspended or banned immediately.
Users logging in, or sharing, another members account will result in both accounts being banned.
Raffles / Fundraisers
- New members will be required to send first on all trades
and assigned the New Member avatar. If two new members are trading with each other, there will be no such restriction.
New members are not allowed to sell until they reach 20 Bench points or are upgraded to regular members.
- Once a new member has completed their end of at least 20 trades with at least 20 different members, their status will be reviewed. If they have completed their end of the trades without incidents including a 5.0 trader overall rating, they will be promoted to a regular member
and be allowed to select their own avatarand their "MUST SEND FIRST" banner will be removed.
Raffles and fundraisers are not allowed on The Bench. The Bench fully supports people helping out charities. The Bench can not always 100% know if the charity or fundraiser is legit so we do not allow these types of posts. The Bench annual charity drive is the only one allowed.
Spamming includes advertising for another trading site and/or including an unapproved affiliate or referral link in your posts or signature.
There are many trading sites on the Internet, and they all have their advantages and disadvantages. We ask that members of The Bench do not go to the other sites and advertise our site, and we ask that members of other sites do not come here to advertise their sites. It's impolite and continued spamming of the boards will result in the suspension of your account.
Information on what are and are not an acceptable Links, can be found in the "Links in Signature" section of the Bench Policies.
When sending cards to another trader, a trader is responsible for the safe arrival of the cards they are sending. If the cards do not arrive safely, the sending trader shall be required to make amends. The one exception is that the sending trader may shift this responsibility to a third party by purchasing insurance.
Traders Who Must Send First
Traders who are required to send first
will have one of the following two avatars:will have a "MUST SEND FIRST" banner next to all their posts and in their profile.
The avatar on the left indicates a trader is a new member. The avatar on the right indicates that the mod team has some concerns about the trader, but is willing to give them the opportunity to prove themselves as a trader.
When a trader who is new, trades with a trader who is required to send first by the mod team, the trader who is required to send first by the mod team must send first.
Traders will be required to send first if any of the following is true:
Additionally, The Bench mod team may opt to require a trader send first if they have generated trading complaints or participated in suspicious activity.
- Their overall trader rating has fallen below 4.7.
- They have been banned from another trade site for reasons related to trading.
- They are currently suspended from another trading site for reasons related to trading.
Once a trader completes actions such that these issues are no longer issues, The Bench mod team will re-evaluate their status on The Bench.
IMPORTANT ! The Mod Team will not assist in a bad trade if an established member decides to ignore these rules
Trading / Selling Incoming Cards
DO NOT trade or sell cards that you have incoming. Wait until you have those cards in hand before posting them in a new Trade/Sale. Too many things can go wrong and if the trade is posted and agreed to you WILL be held responsible for the card you posted.
Trade Issues: Help from Moderators, Trades Gone Bad, Paypal gift, etc.
In the event that you have to
file a Help Desk Ticketreport a transaction due to a trade gone bad, or not receiving the cards you were promised, The Mod team will do everything it can to help you resolve the problem.
In the event of a trade gone bad we ask you to wait at least 3 weeks from the posting of the trade before
filing a help desk ticketreporting the transaction, mail can sometimes be slow.
If you need to
file a help desk ticketreport a transaction for a trade gone bad, the help desk ticket MUST be filed no more than 8 weeks after the trade was posted. This may seem unfair but we feel that is an appropriate window for trade gone bad resolutions, any longer and it becomes extremely difficult to find tracking numbers, receipts, etc.
The Mod team will not assist on anything if one of the following is true:<br>
- You made a deal on the site but did not post the trade in The Trade Manger
You Purchased cards from a member who has less than 20 Bench Points
- You made a trade with a person who has the MSF (must send first) Avatar, but did not wait to receive their end first
- You purchased a card from a trader and paid via Paypal "Gift". Abusing Paypal's "gift" option leaves you no recourse to reclaim your money in the event that you do not receive the item(s) you paid for. If you pay with Paypal "Gift" you are doing so at your own risk