Best Card in the whole set? 2016 Leaf Vault 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwynn_fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hi
Went to the weekly LCS in San Diego. With Judge and Bellinger cards rising prices out of reach, I was looking for something affordable and Jerry put me on to a 2016 Leaf Vault Box. Each box contains either a 2013 or 2014 Leaf Perfect Game Box or a 2013 Leaf Showcase Box.
But, the kicker is that you get a box of 2016 Leaf Vault, that contains 4 1/1 autograph cards from the 2016 Perfect Game in San Diego. So, I hadn't heard of any of the players. 016 Leaf Showcase Baseball Vault features some 2016 cards in addition to boxes of earlier Showcase sets. Covering the 2016 Perfect Game release, the bonus box includes four one-of-one hits, with some that aren't found anywhere else. The Metal Proof Auto (1/1) parallels are exclusive to the format, while other options include Blank Back Autos (1/1) and Printing Plate Autos (1/1).

First card--Lean Eddy Blank Back 1/1 2017 Rawlings-Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American West - All Region 1st Team

2nd Jake Eder 2017 Rawlings-Perfect Game 1st Team All-American Florida - All Region 1st Team. Drafted by the New York Mets in the 34th round of the 2017 MLB June Amateur Draft from Calvary Christian HS (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

3rd Garret "Hunter" Ruth Magenta Press Plate 1/1 Auto MLB Draft
Round 32 by Cubs in 2017 All Americans/All Regions 2017 Rawlings-Perfect Game 1st Team All-American Florida - All Region 1st Team

Finally, I saw that the fourth card was a Metal Proof Star Etch Pre-Production Auto 1/1...which is supposedly the rarest available. And they look really neat.
One of the guys at the show asked to look at the 1/1 and when he got to Metal card...hey...This is Royce Lewis...he was the first pick over all by the Twins this year! (Drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 1st round (1st) of the 2017 MLB June Amateur Draft from Serra Catholic HS (San Juan Capistrano, CA).

So, guess that wasn't too shabby...number one overall pick and the hardest insert in the group.
Cool.

Congratulations on the Lewis hit! Last year we finished last in the Majors! So we got the number one pick in the draft!! Best regards, David