Best way to pack a large lot of cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chief wahoo

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I will be sending about 400 base cards plus another 150 or so SPs and #'d chromes that I currently have in toploaders. My first thought is to pack them all in a 600 count box but that would mean removing the SPs/chromes from the top loaders and penny sleeves. It seems like that should work so long as the cards are packed tight enough where they won't move around.

Of course I could just leave the SPs/chromes in their top loaders, but that would take up more space and weight.

Any thoughts? Is there a better approach? Thanks.

However thoughtful way you pack the cards should be fine. I think the deciding factor is the padding. If you can pack the box of cards inside a larger box w/ padding surrounding the inside box you will have better success w/ the cards being undamaged...

for something like that I would go with a square medium flat rate box, not a flat medium flat rate box, a 400ct card box fits nicely in there and weight is not as important (75lb allowance) so you can leave the cards in top loaders if you wanted and there will be plenty of empty space to pad the inside so thing won't move around. I just shipped out a medium flat rate and was $13 and some change. the cool thing is automatic $50 insurance and will be delivered in 3 days. now with any heavy box handlers will tend to not take care of the box totally so there more than likely be some smashed corners so just pad the corners a bit extra.

Thanks guys for the replies. I decided to go with the square medium flat rate box. It turned out I had more cards to send than I first thought, so I had to pack one 600ct box and one 400ct box. The 600ct fit snugly then I added packing material around the sides of the 400ct, and on top. Using paypal shipping, it was only $11.95.