Best World Series Home Run Celebration

Kirbyfan34

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
As the playoffs approach I have debated this with friends at work for a couple of years now who had the best World Series home run celebration, here are some choices if I miss one feel free to vote for one of yours

1960 Pirates Bill Mazerowski WS Walk off
1975 Red Sox Carlton Fisk Game 6 Walk off
1987 Twins Kent Hrbek Game 6 Grand Slam
1988 Dodgers Kirk Gibson Game 1 Walk off
1991 Twins Kirby Puckett Game 6 Walk off
1993 Blue Jays Joe Carter WS Walk off
2001 Yankees Derek Jeter Game 4 Walk off
2011 Cardinals David Freese Game 6 Walk off

Now remember, think of the celebration that came with the homer.

My vote

Kirby Puckett...for a couple of reasons. Obviously he was/is my favorite player, but having watched every pitch of every inning of every game of this WS and being so invested in the results this was #1 of me.

then probably Gibby, Hrbie, and Fisk/Carter to round out the top 5

SymphonicMetal

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I don't know about the best celebration but I rate Maz's 1960 home run as the greatest in WS history when you take everything into consideration.

t.rooster

All-Star
4.90 star(s)
How can you leave out the ailing Kirk Gibson's 9th inning HR off A's Eckersley in Game 1 of the '88 W.S. Gibson's was so beleaguered by injuries to both legs that he wasn't even announced in the line-up. The battle between Eckersley and Gibson with 2 outs & bottom of the 9th inning (Mike Davis representing the tying run on 2nd) took a full six minutes to play out....

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
How can you leave out the ailing Kirk Gibson's 9th inning HR off A's Eckersley in Game 1 of the '88 W.S. Gibson's was so beleaguered by injuries to both legs that he wasn't even announced in the line-up. The battle between Eckersley and Gibson with 2 outs & bottom of the 9th inning (Mike Davis representing the tying run on 2nd) took a full six minutes to play out....

I remember that like it was yesterday!! Gets my vote for sure!!

God Bless,

Kevin