Box Break Complete!!! 2016 Topps Chrome Baseball Hobby Group Box Break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grapler135s

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Going live at 6pm PST here is the link: https://youtu.be/J3rTE2Xa5xc

Part 2:
https://youtu.be/Ls4dN0OS1Vg

Hi all! I am thinking about setting up another group box break.

2016 Topps Chrome Baseball Hobby Box $12.50 per spot (2 hits per box)

**If you want to add another spot each additional spot would be $8.50**

This would be in the same serial number/card number format. Each person in the break will be randomly given a number and will get all cards who’s serial number or card number ends in that number (i.e. if you are assigned a 2 you would get all cards who’s serial numbers or card numbers end in 2...so all of the 2’s, 12’s, 22’s, 32’s, etc.).

One thing that I will do a little differently this time is I will start the YouTube live feed about 5 minutes before I start the break to make sure that everybody has the link to it and can log on and view the break live if they would like to. If you can’t watch the break live you will be able to watch with the link after the video uploads.

Please let me know if you are interested in joining. If we have enough interest (we need 10 members) I will order up the box and we can schedule the group break. Please let me know if anybody has any questions.

Thanks,
Mike

Interested Members:
grapler135s (confirmed/paid)
TOP18 (confirmed/paid)
David K. (confirmed/paid)
criollos spot 1 (confirmed/paid)
reickholt (confirmed/paid)
bdink25 (confirmed/paid)
Butch trading buddy (confirmed/paid)
mgm37 (confirmed/paid)
criollos spot 2 (confirmed/paid)
metsman1986 (confirmed/paid)

Last edited:
Good morning Mike I'm in on whichever of the three you'd like to do I would prefer to do the Chrome to be very honest the Chronicles hits are not very good normally I know there's a lot of numbered and colored cards but there's no real big hits I see very often I do do the Chronicles on bomber breaks quite a lot and don't get particularly anything great I think it would be a better chance to go for the great hits in the Chrome first we got Soto's Acuras and all those in the Chrome available cuz everyone's looking for but anyway whichever one put me down send me a PM if need be if I don't see the post but I'd like to get a spot have a blessed day and thank you for the opportunity to do this again

Good morning Mike I'm in on whichever of the three you'd like to do I would prefer to do the Chrome to be very honest the Chronicles hits are not very good normally I know there's a lot of numbered and colored cards but there's no real big hits I see very often I do do the Chronicles on bomber breaks quite a lot and don't get particularly anything great I think it would be a better chance to go for the great hits in the Chrome first we got Soto's Acuras and all those in the Chrome available cuz everyone's looking for but anyway whichever one put me down send me a PM if need be if I don't see the post but I'd like to get a spot have a blessed day and thank you for the opportunity to do this again

Okay I have you down for a spot in whichever box is decided. The Topps Chrome did look like it could be fun! Please note that it would be 2016 Topps Chrome...not sure if Soto or Acuna are in that one but I can check. I’ll keep you posted on what box the majority decides on.

Mike

Last edited:
I'm interested in the 2016 Topps chrome....but How about 2018 topps update? Best regards, David

Thanks David...I’ll put you down as interested in the 2016 Topps Chrome. Just checked and if we wanted to do a group break for a box of 2018 Topps Update Jumbo (containing 3 hits) it would be $18 each. Let me know if you would like me to add this one to the list of choices.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike:

I would like to be part of the break but only if the group ends up doing the Topps Chrome box. Not really interested in Fire or Chronicles. Thank you.

Luis

Thanks David...I’ll put you down as interested in the 2016 Topps Chrome. Just checked and if we wanted to do a group break for a box of 2018 Topps Update Jumbo (containing 3 hits) it would be $18 each. Let me know if you would like me to add this one to the list of choices.

Thanks,
Mike
Sure....plus you can a chance for all of those RC updates....gold, rainbow, etc. Plus all of the update Trout, Harper, Atvue are riding high! Best regards, David

Sure....plus you can a chance for all of those RC updates....gold, rainbow, etc. Plus all of the update Trout, Harper, Atvue are riding high! Best regards, David

Okay I added the 2018 Topps Update Jumbo. I would definitely be interested in doing that one to see what we can hit!

Mike

I would be interested in the Topps products. Do I have to be present? Plmk tanks Butch

Thanks Butch I will put you down as interested in the Topps products. No you don’t have to be present I will break the box live for those who want to watch live but you can watch after the video uploads. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I will follow up with you when we have 4 more people interested.

Thanks,
Mike

Had a few questions before committing to a break. What is meant by this:

Each person in the break will be randomly given a number and will get all cards who’s serial number or card number ends in that number (i.e. if you are assigned a 2 you would get all cards who’s serial numbers or card numbers end in 2...so all of the 2’s, 12’s, 22’s, 32’s, etc.).

Is this in reference to the code#?

Any chance you could provide additional detail into how the cost is determined. Other Box breaks I participate in have it broken down something like this:

Base price = $1,100(case price) / 30 (# of participants) = $36.67
Shipping = $4.50
Supplies = $2.00
Paypal = $1.25
First Spot = $44.50
Each Additional = $42

Only reason I ask is because when i look on a site like Blowout for box prices, a box of 2017 Topps Fire is higher than 2016 Topps Chrome, but the price per break in your OP has it higher for chrome than fire.

Had a few questions before committing to a break. What is meant by this:

Each person in the break will be randomly given a number and will get all cards who’s serial number or card number ends in that number (i.e. if you are assigned a 2 you would get all cards who’s serial numbers or card numbers end in 2...so all of the 2’s, 12’s, 22’s, 32’s, etc.).

Is this in reference to the code#?

Any chance you could provide additional detail into how the cost is determined. Other Box breaks I participate in have it broken down something like this:

Base price = $1,100(case price) / 30 (# of participants) = $36.67
Shipping = $4.50
Supplies = $2.00
Paypal = $1.25
First Spot = $44.50
Each Additional = $42

Only reason I ask is because when i look on a site like Blowout for box prices, a box of 2017 Topps Fire is higher than 2016 Topps Chrome, but the price per break in your OP has it higher for chrome than fire.

Hi thanks for the post and questions.

The way we did the first break was we had 10 people who’s names I put in a randomizer using Random.org (names initially in order of when they signed up for the break). I then rolled a pair of dice to determine how many times to randomize the list, clicking randomize as many times as the total number on the pair of dice. After randomization each person’s name ends up next to a number. The person would then get all cards in the break ending in their number. If a card is serial numbered we use that, if it is not serial numbered then we use the actual card number (i.e. if you had the #2 spot in the break you would get all cards #’d 2, 12, 22, 32, 42, 52, and so on). If a card is numbered with a letter (as is common with inserts) we take the letter and determine what number it falls in the alphabet (i.e. if it is Card#B, B is the second letter in the alphabet so it would go to whoever has the #2 spot).

As far as the pricing goes it just depends on the price of the box, shipping cost to ship the box to me, bubble mailers, team bags, top loaders, possible PayPal fees, and shipping cost to send to everybody in the break. I have been checking prices on Blowout and Cards Infinity for availability and best price. Topps Fire is actually cheaper than Topps Chrome (by about $5.00) on the Cards Infinity site...which is why it would be slightly cheaper per spot in a group box break.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Mike

Have a question. What happens if the inserts have letters instead of #'s? Example. Club collection CC-MT for Mike Trout. Butch

Have a question. What happens if the inserts have letters instead of #'s? Example. Club collection CC-MT for Mike Trout. Butch

Thanks for the question Butch. If the inserts are numbered with letters we will take the last letter and determine what number letter it is in the alphabet. So for your example CC-MT we would use the last letter “T” which is the 20th letter of the alphabet so it would go to whoever had the “0” spot in the break. That is how I have seen it done and it seems like a good/fair way of doing it.

Mike

So it seems like the 2016 Topps Chrome box is the one most people are leaning towards from the choices that I had listed. We have 6 people interested so far and would need 4 more for the group break. Here is how I determined the $12.50 per spot cost:

$74.95 Cost of box from Cards Infinity
$2.99 Tax
$7.99 Cost of shipping box to me

$85.93 Total/10 people =$8.59 per person

I then added $4.00 per person for supplies such as team bags, top loaders, and bubble mailers, and for shipping cost.

So total price would be $12.50 per person.

Please let me know if anybody has any questions.

Mike

Good morning Mike saw the post this morning and I think the Chrome's great but I'm with Dave also the update would be fine with me too I'm in with whatever so don't worry about that but the update would be good maybe that could be our next break just don't know like them both

Good morning Mike saw the post this morning and I think the Chrome's great but I'm with Dave also the update would be fine with me too I'm in with whatever so don't worry about that but the update would be good maybe that could be our next break just don't know like them both

Okay sounds good...now we have 3 of us interested in the 2018 Topps Update so I will make that our best group break. I’ll keep an eye on prices in the meantime...hoping to find a good deal on one of the jumbo boxes.

Mike