Brand new photos of brand new customs!! Check them out!!

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Kevin
those are amazing you do terrific work and i am simply in awe of them quick story for you the ones you have of dick groat are his dad and my dad were very good friends in the little town where i grew up dick you to take my borthers and me to game sometimes and we got to sit in the dugout once in awhile to watch warm ups he was also a great basketball player and back in the 50,s he played both as a pro with the pirates in mlb and fort wayne pistons in the nba
thanks again for the great work you do
later
tom

Tom,

Thank you for the compliments, it is so nice to hear kind things about my work, and to know that you have had so much personal contact with Dick Groat (one of the best not in the HOF, in my opinion) is absolutely fascinating! What little town did you grow up in?

I understand Dick to be a very nice man in real life, which is awesome! What are some of your favorite memories of him? So cool that you knew him growing up, what a small world!

God bless,

Kevin

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
A few more, this will be my "best of the rest" post!

The Hernan Perez card is one of my earlier customs that has become one of my favorites, as he signed three times, once in silver, which didnt show up well, so he signed over the silver. He must not have liked how that looked, so he signed again! He flipped a ball to my then 3 year old son between innings, so I created this one to send to him!

Dwier Brown, while not an MLB player, is a great signer, from one of the all-time classic baseball movies!

I love "The Original One!" He wrote me a 3 page letter to go with a signed custom, and he included one of his own, as I had sent him some to keep for himself! A truly awesome and unique success!

Eddie Wells is a man who has the awesome distinction of having a locker at old Yankee Stadium between Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, getting to know both men very well, and winning the 1932 World Series Championship, largely thanks to those two!

The Big League Brothers:

Last edited:

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
I have been buying 3x5 autos for years now, with the thought that I might someday have some of them made into customs. Have never followed up on it, but maybe someday.

Some of them you see online get pretty fancy. I like that, but not sure how much something like that would cost, if you were not doing it yourself. Even if you do it yourself, there is cost in time, computer programs, materials/supplies, etc.

Are yours mostly blank backed or do you do backs for them as well?

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
I have been buying 3x5 autos for years now, with the thought that I might someday have some of them made into customs. Have never followed up on it, but maybe someday.

Some of them you see online get pretty fancy. I like that, but not sure how much something like that would cost, if you were not doing it yourself. Even if you do it yourself, there is cost in time, computer programs, materials/supplies, etc.

Are yours mostly blank backed or do you do backs for them as well?

Welcome back to the Bench my friend, its been a long time!

Thanks for your post, I always enjoy people seeing my work, hope you liked everything! In answer to your question, I have done both blank backs and have designed card backs, it just depends....one guy I did some cards for requested backs, so I did them. For my own, I typically leave them blank, since I display them and you can only see the front anyway!

God bless,

Kevin

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Da Bears! I did some custom framing and matting, love the way these came out! Handwritten letter from Virginia Halas McCaskey, a note from Maury Buford, and a signed index card from Tommy Waddle...and then a shot of the whole grouping!

Here is the Kevin Butler framed, with a closer look at Maury Buford, another Super Bowl XX champion!

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
My dear friend got me this in person from Roger, and I made the below custom to go with it!

Captain America Rolls Out!

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Here are my Giants customs! Our family had friends from SF who came to Chicago area on a ballpark tour every summer, and gave me some awesome memories for my young lifetime!

I love Roger Craig, and I love the way this card came out! He even inscribed "Humm Baby" from the '89 Giants season, which is when my lifelong love of baseball was solidified!

Rick "Big Daddy" Reuschel:

Al Stanek:

Gordon Beckham (I don't think Gordon ever had a Giants card, as he was with them for such a short time, so I decided to fix that oversight!!)

Dusty Rhodes, a special player to me:

The reason this card is so special is because of this video:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/s...tahl-meyer-hot-dog-baseball-cards--201904A27/

The gentleman in the video with the cards is none other than Jim, who is my 2 best friends' Dad and who has been like a Dad to me as well! He has had these cards since he was a boy, and brought them to Antiques Roadshow in West Fargo, North Dakota last summer, and coincidentally was there the same day that his twin sons and I were at Cooperstown! He called us late that evening and told us that he got this segment taped, and it was a really neat story. I hope everyone enjoys the video!!

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Ok, so now I have these organized by team, and by theme for the non-ballplayers! I hope everyone enjoys seeing these, as I sure enjoyed creating them!

I have several more coming in, and will be posting these in the days and weeks to come!

Blessings,

Kevin

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Updated with several new projects I have been working on!! New photos in almost every post, enjoy!!

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Kevin -

They look great! I can't wait to see the others. I'll have to dig around and see if I have any more ICs for you.

Scobes

Scobes, now that we have another deal in the works, I will be super excited to post my results from all of what I have coming in from you! Excited to see your custom 3x5s too!

Blessings,

Kevin

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
I thought I would add a new component, sort of a before and after set of photos! Here are some I am sending off today. I always ask the individual to sign one, and then include 3 extra as a thank you gift.

An incredible return from Capt. Fred Haise! I sent customs, asked him to keep 3 for himself, he ended up signing the other 3 to my children, which was just awesome!!

Dick Groat:

One of the best not in the Hall of Fame! Dick Groat was a pro basketball player in addition to becoming a Pirate and Cardinal legend!

Ryne Sandberg is an all around class act! Such a wonderful human being, and a great ambassador of baseball!

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Also, thought these were fun....these are placemats from Panteras Pizza in STL, from 1983. I got these from a coworker who has had them since then!

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Scobes just sold me some great index cards, several of which I used for the custom cards, and many others are here. I send an item to my 2 best friends each Christmas, and often sprinkle in the rest of the year too! I did some custom matting with these:

Kevin Butler

Tommy Waddle

Last edited: