BSL 2019 Offseason #1: Arbitration, prep for Rule 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Files and Webpage is uploading now.

Deadline is Saturday at Noon Central time.

LAST CHANCE to adjust arbitration figures, offer Type A or B qualifiers, or non-tender (withdraw) for Arb.

More than likely LAST CHANCE to add Rule 5 eligible players to the 40 man roster to protect them from Rule 5 draft. They will show with a # sign on the minor league rosters if they are Rule 5 eligible.

Trades can be posted, but they will not be processed until after Arbitration/Free Agency opens.

Nick is out of town and I am very busy with the new job and various other things right now, so my time around BSL is limited at the moment. Please ask any questions in this thread so others may help you before I am able to get around to it.

Cory

May I made the suggestion that we stop the next sim on 11/29/2018.. This way
any players that may file for FA can come off current rosters and free up rosters
spots. Then run a short sim to get a current rule 5 list available for the draft. We
did that last off season and it worked well. Thanks, Kendall

I'm really amazed that Steven Joyce did not win the MVP. .274/.334/.636 with 67home runs(23 more than Bowers) and 182 RBI's(58 more than Bowers). Bowers did have an amazing VORP of 88.2 whereas Joyce had a 62.2. But I just thought that Joyce had for sure come away with a MVP trophy.

I just noticed that a Closer won the Cy Young for Pitts. Kind of unusual but he had a great year. The Rockies had 2 Gold Glove winners, that has to be a first!!

Think Eddie Trent SS got jipped on a Gold Glove!

Not even close--

Trent had 10 errors in 808.1 innings for a .974 fielding percentage and Shaw had only 7 errors in 1392.2 innings for a quite amazing .991 fielding percentage at SS:)

Jorge Cervantes robbed of an MVP trophy for the second straight season :(

Agreed. My export still has guys that I want to transfer to the 40 man, but need the Type A and Type B free agents to go off the roster. I released some other guys that I had no intention of resigning. But need these holes to be available.
May I made the suggestion that we stop the next sim on 11/29/2018.. This way
any players that may file for FA can come off current rosters and free up rosters
spots. Then run a short sim to get a current rule 5 list available for the draft. We
did that last off season and it worked well. Thanks, Kendall

Last edited:
Agreed. My export still has guys that I want to transfer to the 40 man, but need the Type A and Type B free agents to go off the roster. I released some other guys that I had no intention of resigning. But need these holes to be available.

If the sim gets run until the 11/29.. Then have a short sim on monday to set rule 5 rosters.. Then Cory or Nick can do an off line Rule 5 draft from lists for wednesday.. That worked last season really good. Just my thoughts for an easy transition. Kendall

Back