BSL 2nd Team Regulations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The league will allow active owners to manage more than one team. The team assignments are randomized, and best efforts are made to keep them away from their current league, especially their division.

RULES FOR MULTIPLE TEAM RUNNING:
1. Teams with same manager cannot make a trade together for any reason at all. (that being said, any and all team2 trades will be scrutinized more than normal)

2. Team2 cannot exceed the GAME OWNER-PROVIDED team budget (listed on financial report as current budget) at any time during the season.

3. Team2's will continue to be drafted by the cpu.

A violation can result in a warning OR an immediate team1 sim suspension depending on the issue at hand. Multiple infractions will lose all teams.

Priorities for second team ownership should be:

1. Rebuilding for financial stability and future contention for a future owner.
2. Contending within a reasonable window
3. Tearing down effectively once contention window is closed.

Last edited:
I have read and understand. Just logged in as CHW and starting to make some changes. Team is in pretty good shape with some talented players, no really bad contracts, and a few good prospects in the minors.

Just need a little work on financials since they are about $2 million over budget - I'll try to trade a player or two this off-season to get under budget. I think dropping the ticket price down from $38 will help draw more fans and increase overall gate revenue. The Big market size and Extreme fan loyalty should help in getting little more cash reserves saved up.

Eric

Additional Team2 Rule posted:

5. Team2's cannot offer any FA offers tied to compensation for the owner's Team1 team. (ie, a Type A from Team1 cannot be offered by a Team2)

Bump as a reminder for all 2nd team owners. I did remove the stipulation that you need to contact me for contract extension approvals. Go ahead and be reasonable and don't backload the heck out of them.