BSL: Boston and Washington

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Effective immediately, both teams have been taken over by the league due to inactivity.

Both failed the activity test posted by Nick, as well as:

Washington last logged into the Bench in mid-August, and has exported a week or two after that.
Boston last exported in March (game time) and has not responded to PM's regarding the league.

We try to be more than lenient before removing an inactive owner. We know real life comes first...family, jobs, school...like we have stated multiple times before, if you're unable to be around, just LET US KNOW when and approximately how long you will be away. Missing a PM here and there or an activity test here and these is okay, since we're able to see who is exporting into the game everytime that we run a simulation.

Regardless, both teams are immediately open for new owners. Please, please, please, please, please pass the word on to any other Bench members that you think might fit the bill. We had a heck of a time filling the last opening that we had.

On a more positive note, Nick and I will run the franchises (Nick running Boston/AL, Cory running Washington/NL) until owners are found so they will NOT be lame-duck teams. This also opens them to trading, however it will be HEAVILY restricted and will not include any minor league prospects leaving the rosters. It goes without saying that KC/CHC will not be able to trade with these franchises until other owners take their place. Keep in mind the trade deadline is Saturday, so there really is only a small window to make deals.

Cory

Definitely some guys on those teams that I am sure everyone would love to get.....but I wonder if given the timing, that the teams should be held as they are with the league making lineup changes and possibly taking care of contract extensions and such. Don't know if trades should be made at this short juncture. Just let the teams ride until the end of the season. Really, with that said, maybe they shouldn't be touched, as it does create an imbalance for teams that may have played them already and teams that still have lots of games remaining. Not to be petty, but it a division like the NL East could come down to a game or two between winning the division, and I would hate to have an owner think that "well, if I would have gotten to the lame duck team instead of the Cory controlled team, like........."

Does that make sense? Just my thoughts.

I think Cory and Nick can decide if possible trades would make those two franchises stronger while making a deal with an established owner, I know that neither would make deals that would hurt either of the lame duck franchises , a team it is trading with, or other teams in the league. Some guys on both teams should be traded to make both stronger for a new owner. If anything these owners have caused a competitve imbalance by not keeping up with their teams . Thanks Pat

Pat, I agree about the competitive imbalance, but I think changing it now creates even more imbalance, as some teams have gotten the advantage of playing teams not being controlled right, and others having to play that same team under the control of very knowledgable players. I think, and it is just me, that maybe nothing should be done until the offseason, with the exception of contract extensions and maybe moving minor league players at levels. Otherwise, as you say, it does change the competitive balance by making those changes now, with teams having already played them having an advantage.

Just my thoughts, but yes, I do believe that Cory and Nick are both more than capable. Just wondering if it is the right thing to do for ALL owners.

If this were done on Sat., the trading thing would be irrelevant. Not that Cory or Nick would do something unfair, that is not what I am saying. Just the timing may not be fair for all owners involved within the league. But regardless of the trades, I do wonder about the imbalance of the strength of the those two teams going forward of those left to play them vs those that have already maybe had the advantage of playing them while they were down.

Last edited:
Reassessing both of the team rosters, there will be no trading.

However, full control otherwise will be taken on....fa signings/waivers/full major/minor moves.

Regarding the issue about if a lame duck team wins the division....I am setting CPU lineups/rotation, just setting players at the most effective roster locations. Washington has some really good players, their best offensive player sitting on the DL healthy for awhile. A few key prospects that are more than ready to come up to the show as well.