BSL: Player Development Budget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I'm on a roll posting this afternoon, so I figured I would get this in as well before I finished up today.

The game has an integrated "Player Development Budget' for each team. You can see this on your front office page. All of the teams defaulted to a league average budget this season.

However, starting this next preseason (and years beyond) teams will be able to choose to infuse extra cash into the budget. It must be done during preseason only, and locks in at Spring Training time.

It comes directly out of your cash on hand. You can set it to zero and save the 4.8 million it is currently set at now. It is supposed to represent the minor league expenses each franchise has (coaching, facilities, etc)

There is not a lot of information available regarding how well it works, if at all. Some people say it provides accelerated or improved minor league growth at times, others have dumped tens of millions into it and discovered no changes at all, or even had substantial ratings drops.

My guess is that it falls somewhere in the middle. I would suggest that most teams look into keeping at least 4-5 million in there as all teams are budgeted for now. If you're super strapped for cash, zero it out. Your minor players will still develop to some extent. If you have excess cash you're looking to burn, put a bunch in there. Keep in mind this is ALL coming out of your cash on hand, and if you burn it all here, you may very well get bit down the line when you're bankrupt.

(Yeay, another way for owners to burn their cash on hand and screw up their finances!)

Should be after 1/1/08 or at the latest when Spring traing begins, It just says preseason no specific date at this time