BSL Update: 2007 #11

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League file is ready!

I will hopefully have the Website updated before Midnight, Probably around 10-11 PM central time.

Deadline for next export is 2:00 PM Central time Saturday 3/17/12 (I will not get the website updated for the next sim until sometime on Sunday when I recover from my St. Pats day hangover :p)
A few teams are gonna have a financial mess on their hands come 2008. Not much to be done about it now that the trading deadline has come and gone though.

On the Cubbies:

Pujols - out for 4-5 weeks :(
Bullpen is ******* the life out of my team. Doesnt like I will be able to make a strong run at the cards and Reds

EDIT: Just saw this while poking around my financials page:

Payroll by Roster:
Active Roster:57,690,000.00
Disabled List: 59,014,000.00 :eek:

Last edited:
Angels downloaded and exported

Went 8-4 for the sim..still leading the AL West by 2.5 games over the surging Rangers ..loss Cunningham for 2 weeks hopefully Koshansky can fill the void
also loss CL Francisco Cordero for 2 weeks but have LeBorgne to fill in

Dodgers exported.

Tulo and Ellsbury join Hudson on the DL, affecting my defense significantly.

Fan interest dropped, but signing Jefferson to a long term deal should help. He was asking 10+ mil for 1 season. Arb est was 6+ mil. My offer was 35.6 over 5 years with a possible 2 Mil per year in incentives (Cy, All-Star, IP).

Cleveland has exported. I really like the SIM League but I am just bad at it. Dead last in the power rankings. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Cleveland has exported. I really like the SIM League but I am just bad at it. Dead last in the power rankings. The more things change the more they stay the same.

You have a solid offensive core with Howard, Cano, and Cust. You lost Cust for the majority of the season. You have a few players in starting positions that for lack of better terms--really stink it up. The catcher with 350 AB batting under .200. That KILLS offense. 3B with over 450 AB under .250. A few different players and the offense plays a whole new tune.

Pitching...well, I don't have much input because mine is horrible as well...however, given Armas's 8+ ERA in 20+ starts, I would be letting him walk (or run) away from the roster

You're in good financial shape, so you should see a decent bump in payroll next season, in addition to the fact you have numerous guys eligible for arbitration you could decide to non-tender to free up even more spending room.

I'm only 5 wins ahead of you, and I am completely comfortable with my team as it stands. Rome was not built in a day.

I feel your pain.

My owner is furious with me! I'm at a total loss as to why my pitching is dead last in the NL. I understand the relievers, but the starters I thought would hang with the pack.

I think I'll leave room for about 1-2 free agents and 3-5 Rule Fives, there's got to be some MR help that people aren't going to be able to protect.

Arizona exported.

Hanging around without my top offensive player.

Can't ever seem to catch Colorado - 1/2 a game behind now for the division lead. I am in the final playoff spot for now.......

Braves are staying on top, new additions are working out well so far plus I get Penny back this sim.

I'm in the same spot you are in with pitching, James.

My main problem is the 5-25 record I posted when I had two infielders go down to injury, I couldn't make the first upload to fix the problem and then Nick had issues with the second upload. During that stretch my team was the worst ranked offense in the league and I have never recouped. Playing .520 ball since can't get me above .500. This is a pure lesson of why games in May are important!!!

Anyways, that's why we play the game. It's been good fun though! Here's to hunting on rule 5 day...

Blue J's exported...

Fell to second place in the AL East by half game..
But important 3 game series against the Orioles
next sim and still have 6 head to head game in Sept.
Should be an interesting race to the finish..

Status
Not open for further replies.