BSL Update: 2007 #12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League file is ready. I will try and get the website going before I head out for tonight but I cant make any promises.

League date is 8/30/07

DFA: If you have a player on DFA and they have less than 15 days available, I suggest you make a move as if you do not I will be forced to. I was forced to release 2 players this sim that cost a couple teams a decent amount of money, One of which was Minnesota Twins and they lost 4 Million dollars they could ill afford to lose.

Next deadline for export is Monday 3/19/12 at 2:00 PM central time

I tried to make moves from DFA but the program would not allow me to!

nick

i tried to move that player from the DFA but was not allowed to! what could i have done differently? when i tried to move to AAA or AA the program told me that move was not allowed because they were on the 40-man roster and then when i tried something else, it said they could not be moved yet because they had not cleared waivers yet! what should i have done? it was not due to my negligence in any way. i tried!

any help would be appreciated!

League file is ready. I will try and get the website going before I head out for tonight but I cant make any promises.

League date is 8/30/07

DFA: If you have a player on DFA and they have less than 15 days available, I suggest you make a move as if you do not I will be forced to. I was forced to release 2 players this sim that cost a couple teams a decent amount of money, One of which was Minnesota Twins and they lost 4 Million dollars they could ill afford to lose.

nick

i tried to move that player from the DFA but was not allowed to! what could i have done differently? when i tried to move to AAA or AA the program told me that move was not allowed because they were on the 40-man roster and then when i tried something else, it said they could not be moved yet because they had not cleared waivers yet! what should i have done? it was not due to my negligence in any way. i tried!

any help would be appreciated!

In those situations (they are common) you have to put the player back on the active roster and demote someone from the majors that has an option.

Keep in mind with the league date being 8/30, that you will not be able to expand your active roster (if you choose to do so) until after next sim, which will put it approximately until 9/14. That still gives people two weeks to call up people if they want to see what they can do. READ ALL THE DETAILS and consequences in the other post I put up earlier!

Yes, In the case of Minnesota this sim, You must have put him on waivers after you had him in DFA for a day or two, Because my only move was to drop him, as He had 1 day left to clear waivers and 0 days left in DFA. In the future assign him to your active roster before placing him on waivers so that the waiver days are less than DFA days.

I wasnt trying to call you out sinocc, just need people to be aware of what they are doing when they are moving players around to different levels/DFA?waivers. etc.

Finally doing OK on some sims, inching my way toward .500, owner went from furious to mad. However the bad news is that I'm putting Damon on the DL for the 4th time this year, and three other new DLers to join 2 already there. Dang.

Rangers exported..lost Hamilton for the season:(
However we are one game back on the Angels and gaining on them!

League date is 8/30/07

I have a SP that had to clear waivers this sim in order for me to send him down to AAA, he shows up on my DFA but I still can't send him down.

I have a SP that had to clear waivers this sim in order for me to send him down to AAA, he shows up on my DFA but I still can't send him down.

Is he refusing the assignment to minors? Vets that are out of options w 5 years mlb service xan refuse.

Is he refusing the assignment to minors? Vets that are out of options w 5 years mlb service xan refuse.

I just get a msg saying he has a major league contract and must be kept on the 40 man roster. He is out of options but is still in the first 3 years of ML service.

no worries!

nick

i never thought you were calling me out so no worries on my part. just trying to get it right is all! thanks for all the help in my first year. it is a learning experience for sure! my team was in first place, barely, most of the season but is now 15 games under .500 and it looks bleak!

Yes, In the case of Minnesota this sim, You must have put him on waivers after you had him in DFA for a day or two, Because my only move was to drop him, as He had 1 day left to clear waivers and 0 days left in DFA. In the future assign him to your active roster before placing him on waivers so that the waiver days are less than DFA days.

I wasnt trying to call you out sinocc, just need people to be aware of what they are doing when they are moving players around to different levels/DFA?waivers. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.