BSL Update: 2007 Regular Season #1 EVERY TEAM NEEDS TO CHECK IN AND POST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League file is available for download. Official League date is 4/14/07

Website will not be updated until sometime in the wee hours due to personal commitments this afternoon and tonight.

Based on trades that were made, And the way trades are entered in the new software please read this thread as far as Injured Players being traded are concerned:http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=382599

There were a few export issues, I was forced to make changes to some of your teams, I did my best to make moves that made sense:

LA Angels : export had you on the previous sim. Your active roster was at 39/40 players, I used your lineup and pitching roattion info to send down players to the minors that were not your starters

Det. Tigers : 2 players with minor league contracts were still under DFA so they were released.

Boston Red Sox: Damon Easley was DFA, he refused Minor assignment so I demoted (Jeff Francouer I believe) he had options and was not set as a starter or utuility in your depth chart

Seattle Mariners: I cant remember exactly who it was but I believe I added a couple of Injured players to your DL and had to demote a player (sorry I did not write down who it was ) but again it was a player who was not listed as a starter for you in depth chart.

That being said - All teams should take a really good look at their Rosters and see where you are at to make sure they are set the way you want them.

I want ALL teams to check in here this time with League file update as well as export, I would like to run the next Sim SUNDAY 2/26/12 at 5:00 PM Central Time, but I WILL hold the SIM if I deem it necessary so that we are sure all owners are on the same Page as far as the League date and export. This is part of working out the kinks of the new system.

Last edited:
Royals are downloaded and uploaded.

FREAKING TIM LINCECUM OUT 7 MONTHS.

The Royals are the 'madden curse' of BSL baseball. I lost Miguel Cabrera and Matt Holliday to career-enders in the last league. STARS STAY AWAY!

One other tidbit I'd like to share....I noticed a few teams I played against had zero subsititions during games...I am positive this is due to a lack of a depth chart. The computer will run those 9 players until they are tired before subbing players. It is highly advised that once you set your initial lineup, you set a depth chart behind it OR have the computer set the depth chart (set the lineup you want, then click action and 'have computer set depth for lineup vs RHP, etc')

Players that play constantly (tired) play worse, and are MUCH more likely to get injured.

Last edited:
Royals are downloaded and uploaded.

FREAKING TIM LINCECUM OUT 7 MONTHS.

The Royals are the 'madden curse' of BSL baseball. I lost Miguel Cabrera and Matt Holliday to career-enders in the last league. STARS STAY AWAY!

I'm pretty sure that the BSL hurts your star players so that it is fair to all the other teams, because your team is just so good. :)

I'm pretty sure that the BSL hurts your star players so that it is fair to all the other teams, because your team is just so good. :)

I am below the league average in payroll and have depth issues. I am shooting for .500 this season having as young of a roster as I do. I am projecting contention in 2009-2012 barring massive changes on my roster.

Cubbies start out 3-7. Guh, At least no more Injuries, 1 More Sim and one SP comes of the DL, 3 More Sims and Clemens comes back

I am below the league average in payroll and have depth issues. I am shooting for .500 this season having as young of a roster as I do. I am projecting contention in 2009-2012 barring massive changes on my roster.
Haha, well I actually haven't even looked at your roster, but I just assumed you had a good team.

Phillies start out 2-8!! Not what I had in mind but will get better! Typical slow start for us.
Made a few lineup changes and exported.

Angels have downloaded and exported but had to try it 4x kept getting error-201 connect error not sure why i was connected..hopefully it went through.

Angels went 5-6 started it off 1-6 got swept by the A's at home but finished the sim strong winning 4 straight including a 3 game sweep of the Indians went
1-6 at home and 4-0 on the road...lost Giles and Chad Cordero for 8 weeks.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Dodgers fire bench coach. Manager Frank Santori states in a press release that he will be in sole control of the line-ups from here on out.

I set the line-ups for spring, but decided to use the bench coach recommendations for this sim, even though I didn't agree. I will be spending the best part of my evening getting them back to the way I like, and tweaking once agan the team strategy.

You can go for it, I have the cheapest payroll and have a 7-3 record and top the Team Power Rankings. I don't necessarily think I can keep it up to that level but I'll be a strong contender.

Poor Cardinals had six injuries this sim and still went 6-4!

Cleveland has exported. 7-4 this sim. Middle relief has been great but starters have been struggling and I cannot seem to keep a healthy catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.