BSL Update: 2009 Offseason #1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File is Ready

Game Date is 11/16/09

Export Deadline Is MONDAY 2:00 PM 8/6/12 (I will be out of Town from Tomorrow Morning until Sunday Evening)

The Next Sim Will Take us thru Free agency, as Well as thru Arbitration hearings. This is your last chance to Decide on those Team Options if you havent already done so. This is also your last chance to decide if you are going to offer Arbitration to Type A or B FA players, and offer extensions to anyone you would like to avoid arbitration.

Also THE RULE 5 DRAFT is 12/1/09 In game.

THIS IS YOU LAST chance to protect players from the rule 5 draft, Players you are protecting MUST be on your 40 man roster.

When I run Mondays sim I will sim to 12/1/09 which is the day of the draft.

Players You Want protected need to be protected before you export for Mondays sim. That way when I upload, The CORRECT list of eligible players will be shown in software and on the website. I WILL NOT IMPORT BEFORE RUNNING THE DRAFT SO NO LAST MINUTE CHANGES WILL BE ALLOWED. This is the 3rd Rule 5 draft we are running and I had issues the last 2 times with eligible players not being properly protected, SO MAKE SURE IT is done or suffer the possible loss of a good prospect.

I would like to run the Rule 5 draft on Tuesday 8/7/12 evening at 7:00 PM central time in the BSL chat room. after the draft I will advance one day and uplaod a new league file.

Trading will open up officially after the rule 5 draft, you may post trades now, But none will be processed until the sim following the Rule 5 draft.
-Nick

Last edited:
Nick

How does it work for Rule-5 Draft-Eligible players who are either on the IR or on Waivers who have not cleared? If those players are eligible to be drafted how do we protect them?

PLMK

thnx!

In the case of what sinocc has mentioned above:

If you have a player on the DL (that player should be able to be added to the 40 man, correct me if I am wrong) or on Waivers, Those players should be eligible to come off waivers during the next sim as I just ran 15 days.

If that is the case, A PM to me is needed telling me exactly where you want those players sent i.e. Send Joe Schmo to AAA if he clears waivers, but add to 40 man to protect from rule 5 draft.

As long as I have a pm from you with the proper information, I can make those adjustments before uploading the league file so that the draft list remains correct.

Nick - I know you stated it above, but be sure not to process the trades before the rule 5 draft.....ANY PLAYER that is in DFA on any team that is Rule 5 eligible will be included in the pool, so those need to be squared away

what about . . . ?

Nick

what about 2 SPs i have on waivers, coming off in 1 day. they are both Major League salaried and will have to go on the 40 man roster. However, my 40-man roster is full already. will these players then be cut? i am pretty sure that is the way you usually do it, right?

one other question, if i now place a player on waivers and import my team before the next sim, what will happen to that player if they are rule-5 eligible but not due off the DFA list before the draft? are they in limbo? or do you cut them too?

and what about players who are being offered a contract that are FAs right now, and eligible for the rule-5 draft and are signed by my team before the rule-5 draft? they then are subject to the same rules for the draft, right? if still on DFA before the draft, they need to have an open spot on the 40-man roster or i must pm you to tell you what to do with them too or they are liable to being drafted too, right?

plmk

thnx!

In the case of what sinocc has mentioned above:

If you have a player on the DL (that player should be able to be added to the 40 man, correct me if I am wrong) or on Waivers, Those players should be eligible to come off waivers during the next sim as I just ran 15 days.

If that is the case, A PM to me is needed telling me exactly where you want those players sent i.e. Send Joe Schmo to AAA if he clears waivers, but add to 40 man to protect from rule 5 draft.

As long as I have a pm from you with the proper information, I can make those adjustments before uploading the league file so that the draft list remains correct.

Last edited:
Rule 5 players need to be protected THIS sim. It is your last chance.

Regarding the 40-man (secondary --always 40) roster....
Anyone clearing DFA when no 40 man room is left will be cut. That CAN cost you a lot of money, so make moves in advance!

If you're trying to protect Rule 5 guys and have a full 40-man roster...well, you have to make a decision to either let them ride the chance of being drafted, or release someone else from the 40 to make room for them.

Given a lot of teams have full rosters now, the BSL is much more realistic in the roster moves/limits aspect then it has been before now. People need to think ahead.

Free Agents should drop off the 40-man roster, yet their spots are still showing as taken, this is going to impact people who need that spot for the players they want to protect. Should people take to cutting a player that they are going to see go anyway? At least those that won't be getting compensation.

Free Agents should drop off the 40-man roster, yet their spots are still showing as taken, this is going to impact people who need that spot for the players they want to protect. Should people take to cutting a player that they are going to see go anyway? At least those that won't be getting compensation.

You are correct, that is a byproduct of running the sim all the way up to Rule 5.

They will fall off at 'free agents file' but that is mid-sim.

You can 'release' any player pending free agency or arbitration at no cost which will free up a roster spot. That is probably the best fix in this scenario.

Also a reminder, anyone looking to draft a Rule 5 player has to have a spot open for them on the 40 as well, and that would be going into this sim.

Cleveland has exported. I released all the players who I did not offer arbitration to but they still show up on my 40 man roster. I hope i did everything correctly.

Cleveland has exported. I released all the players who I did not offer arbitration to but they still show up on my 40 man roster. I hope i did everything correctly.

They will be there until the actual arbitration hearing take place in game next sim.

You are correct, that is a byproduct of running the sim all the way up to Rule 5.

They will fall off at 'free agents file' but that is mid-sim.

You can 'release' any player pending free agency or arbitration at no cost which will free up a roster spot. That is probably the best fix in this scenario.

Also a reminder, anyone looking to draft a Rule 5 player has to have a spot open for them on the 40 as well, and that would be going into this sim.

Ain't that the truth...Just released 6 players who were pending arbitration went from the 14th highest payroll to the 28th highest paypal went from -$1,775,000
projected balance to a +$23,366,000 project balance...and now have $29,472,000 available for free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back