BSL Update 2013#2: Preseason

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Files are up for everyone. I simmed through to beginning of "preseason" game date approx 2/1.

Website will be up throughout the night/morning. Big picture update to get players adjusted to right unis, etc. Only MLB level at this point.

Next deadline is Monday at 3pm. Nick will sim to right before spring training.

Cory

Tony...we have always done Jan 1 to preseason in one sim. I think 3 teams and 5 players were affected by waivers vs 30 teams complaining the offseason takes too long

Mets exported...
Its doing that "Thing again" where I get error message after multiple times it went through.

Can either you Cory or Nick let me know it went through. I made a few offers and need them processed correctly.

Thanks

Cory, I wish you would have run it so long. I had made some roster moves using waivers, and now nothing is accomplished by you running a full month vs 15 days.

Sorry.. But I have to agree with Tony!!! Only 1 team got to waiver there players and free up there 40 man rosters.. So while the Royals only have 22 players on there 40 man roster, 18 of the other 29 teams have 30+ players on ours rosters and have to worry about losing them in spring training when they all get called up.. So it does affect us!!

Sorry.. But I have to agree with Tony!!! Only 1 team got to waiver there players and free up there 40 man rosters.. So while the Royals only have 22 players on there 40 man roster, 18 of the other 29 teams have 30+ players on ours rosters and have to worry about losing them in spring training when they all get called up.. So it does affect us!!

I was referencing teams that had players on waivers last sim, not teams that would place players on waiver this sim.

Obviously in a perfect world, we would sim day by day and waivers would work like real life. That's NOT the case here if you all didn't catch on to that. I TRY my best to get in line with what the GM's need, same with Nick. Half want longer time between sims. Half want sims daily it seems, half use waivers all the time, half don't even know how to use waivers. It's all a give and take.

So, when I do something, it is in the best interest of the LEAGUE. I really need people to stop throwing my team out there for an example whenever they don't agree with me. It really pisses me off, and I'd like to think you all were above that.

I have a short 40 man roster because I make it a point not to carry a full roster. Honestly, I have a hard time justifying a lot of players a 40 man spot when I can pick up a similar player for free off the FA market if it is necessary. Again, that is my decision and the fact I have to justify it out in print just wastes my time.

We can address the waiver issue for spring 40 man stuff by stopping next sim mid Feburary, which would allow players to clear waivers just before spring on 3/1. There is usually a fix for most issues, I am just running things how we always have ran them in the past. Luckily, this is my last sim to run as Nick is back on as of Monday.

I apologize for offending anyone in the process.

Cory come give your brother a hug! I am 110% behind Cory on this! Why would we make a big deal about how long a stinking off season sim is! Let's be happy how smooth things have been moving along not taking long breaks between sims ect. Sure everyone has there own opinions but we really don't need to upset the hands that fees us bsl. I would like this league to run for along time. Everyone please relax and let's play ball

Not offended in the least bit. I love how smooth everythings going. Now if I can shed 11 mil things would be awesome.

Glad that things are continuing to progress along at the speed they are. Thank you to Nick and Cory for their hard work.

Steph