BSL Update: 2015 World Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League file is ready for everyone.

Website may not be updated tonight. Depends on how long my poker game runs.

Congrats to Oakland.

Export deadline is Friday at noon.

New luxury tax percentage rate has been set for the 2016 season at 115%

LOL. I wish I could "expect" to win a World Series. I was just fortunate enough to take over a team that had a nice farm system, and I kept it in tact. Even though a lot of people thought that I was not being reasonable in not wanting to move some of these guys, but truth be told, Aaron Martin, Heighway, Bowers, and John John were all key contributors, and all cheap. I was just able to put some guys around that group and got lucky. I also know that most wanted Vince to win, and to be honest, if he wasn't playing me, I would have been rooting for him too. Great season Vince!

When asked to come back, I looked at the Oakland organization, and with the amount of young talent, figured I should give it a shot. So a congrats on this World Series Championship goes to Cory as well, for conducting the team while it was adrift. I think Dewayne and the Washington team has a good future too, even though I would love to get my hands on some of his pitching. But he would probably be best served by holding on to it, and maybe building around it.

Thanks for the kudos guys and gals, even though I know most of you don't like my trading habits. It is just a game, and I do enjoy it. I enjoy the league, the chatter, and most of all, I get attached to my "sim" players. My love has always been baseball, and I am truely one of the fans of the game. I am the guy they talk about when they are broadcasting a game, and they talk about players who know and honor the game that has come before them. I am a stats guy. That is why I think Jiang will be an Oakland A's for life, as I want him to be the career leader in saves for a long time. I want to see "my guys" have success. Even with what some of the stars did this year, I love looking at the contributions a guy like Stewart made for the last two seasons. And how cheap he has been for me. I love looking at the production guys that I did go out and get who had great years, but prior were nothing more than average. It just came together.

I enjoy the championship. But I look forward to another one again sometime. So, time to start planning on next year, who wants to trade??????

Congrats Tony,
Guess it took a you a little longer then expected to win a World Series in BSL 2

Congrats Tony.

Nick - we need to set a standard on the WS sim for future seasons. This year, we went up to arb filing date, so all players with player options (who you can't negotiate with in season ala Sexton) had the ability to decline them without getting extension offers from their current teams.

Of course, I'm complaining only because I lost Jonathan Broxton whom I was planning on retaining.

I don't mind it, but we need to set a specific plan for future seasons. Either update immediately after the last WS game and allow that few day extension window, or go straight to arb filings and let no one extend. I don't care which way it goes, as long as it is consistent and I can plan my roster moves for it.

Also everyone, remember that this sim is your ONLY window to accept or reject team options. Go into your in-software mailbox, click the message, and you can select the "respond to" in the lower right corner. Remember, when you exercise the team option, player stays at contracted money. If you decline it, he is a free agent.

Congrats to Oakland on winning the World Series.

Arizona exported and looking to spend some $$$$ to make my team better now that a couple of big contract guys retired and saved me millions.

A lot of teams took payroll hits. Mine went up. I have to actually adjust for the fact I will be paying luxury tax this year for the first time.

Congrats Tony... Thanks for bringing the Trophy back to the AL!!!

Let the trading lines open... Who needs a SP? SP/MR Carlos Carrasco available..

Congrats to Tony and the Oakland A's for an excellent season capped by a WS sweep. I still can't believe the Braves actually made it to the World Series to begin with and thanks for all the support from the other teams along the way. This has been an amazing season to say the least and my pitching staff is responsible for the majority of it. No doubt they are the reason I made it as far as I did but we got beat by a far supperior offense. I don't plan on doing a whole lot in this off season but work on my offense. And maybe I can make it back to the playoffs again next year.

Congrats Tony!

Whoo woooo wool budget hit 50mil up 12 mil from last season. Moore probley walking thanks to me not paying attention to vesting option and he's pissed off talking apparently a 20 mil a year wasn't enough lol. Richard option declined and Dailey walking. I need offensive help in a bad way

Congrats Tony!

Whoo woooo wool budget hit 50mil up 12 mil from last season. Moore probley walking thanks to me not paying attention to vesting option and he's pissed off talking apparently a 20 mil a year wasn't enough lol. Richard option declined and Dailey walking. I need offensive help in a bad way

Plenty of big bats available in FA if you are willing to pay $15-26M/yr for them.. LOL!!!
3B McGehee, CF Perez available and cheap..

Congratulations, Tony! You have a really good (and young) team. I'm glad you're in the AL and not in my division here in BSL 2.0!

Eric

Congrats to the A's for the win and the Braves for the hard fought season. I am taking a good look at my offseason moves tomorrow after work. I still have not decide which direction I am going to take but am positive it will be fun either way.

Working on my download/export tonight.
Dewayne