BSL Update: 2017 Divisional Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League Files will be ready for all within 15 Minutes of this post

Website will be updated today

Export Deadline is Tuesday at 5:00 PM Central time

ALCS AND NLCS Matchups:

OAK vs. TEX

NYM vs. CIN

Wow, road team won every game in my series with SF. My hitters were solid, putting up at least 4 runs in each of the five games. But SP Alvarado (2-0) was the main (okay, only) reason I won the series - stellar performances for the 25 year-old on the road in both Games 1 and 5.

Now I have to face that powerhouse team from NY. You know their pitching is loaded when David Price has their highest ERA among the four playoff SPs! Hoping to make it a good series, but I think they are a pretty heavy favorite.

OAK vs. TEX grudge match should be really good, too.

Eric

Great... I leave the tough NL West after fighting with those guys for years and now move to the tough AL West with these two power houses (Texas & Oakland).....

Maybe it is time to retire......

NEVER........

Ron

Good luck to the remaining teams....

Son of a......monkey's uncle

I feel the same way!!! SP Martinez held his own and my other 2 SP in the series served up Gopher ball all day!!! Go job Rangers... Should be good AL championship series, Rangers lead head to head match-up (11-10) for the season!!! Good Luck to the rest of the playoff teams.

Blue Jays exported

I will throw my money on the Mets too so we can have an NL East team with the title. After the past few seasons when a team with just above a .500 record our division is due! Of course the Braves put in a good run a few years back going to the series.

Good luck to all of the teams though. It really is a coin flip.

I feel the same way!!! SP Martinez held his own and my other 2 SP in the series served up Gopher ball all day!!! Go job Rangers... Should be good AL championship series, Rangers lead head to head match-up (11-10) for the season!!! Good Luck to the rest of the playoff teams.

Blue Jays exported

I'm a little surprised you went to the three man rotation. Cain was always one of my favorites in Cincy. His post-season record for me was 11-1, but granted, that was back when he was a 4.5 star SP. Still, I was hoping he'd get a chance to recapture some of that post-season magic!

Although now that I think about it, if I were you, I would have been tempted to go with a 2-man rotation - throw Augusto out there in games 1, 3, and 5! He didn't seem phased at all with the short rest! Best pitcher EVER!

Eric

I'm a little surprised you went to the three man rotation. Cain was always one of my favorites in Cincy. His post-season record for me was 11-1, but granted, that was back when he was a 4.5 star SP. Still, I was hoping he'd get a chance to recapture some of that post-season magic!

Although now that I think about it, if I were you, I would have been tempted to go with a 2-man rotation - throw Augusto out there in games 1, 3, and 5! He didn't seem phased at all with the short rest! Best pitcher EVER!

Eric

Believe me... I thought about going with a 2 man rotation of Martinez and Cain, but I gambled that the Rangers have struggled against LH SP and hence opted to start Velazquez.. My other concern would have been Martinez being too tired to pitch in the next round of the playoffs or getting injuried(my bigger fear!). The Rangers hit SP Cain better in the regular season than Velazquez/Wyatt, but I played the percentages and lost in 5 games... Still happy with my season and doubled my cash from last season.. Owner's mood is Ecstatic for the season!!

Good luck Eric!!

Thanks for the props guys!

I'm glad to represent the NL East as if it wasn't for those teams constantly being active making big moves keeping me on my toes I probably wouldn't have been in this situation now.

Good luck to remaining teams. Mets exported!

Oakland very pleased to have made it past KC, but now staring at a tough matchup with the Rangers. Texas has had it's way with Oakland this season, including taking 3 of 4 to end the year. Gonna be tough to get by them, but hoping to represent the AL again in the big game.

Texas exported, Happy to make it this far I hope we can go all the way! Good luck to all remaining teams!

Oakland very pleased to have made it past KC, but now staring at a tough matchup with the Rangers. Texas has had it's way with Oakland this season, including taking 3 of 4 to end the year. Gonna be tough to get by them, but hoping to represent the AL again in the big game.

I debated numerous times about going 3-man so you would see Clark twice instead of Fletcher. Instead, the rookie got killed and Flores pitched a junker of a game 5. Overall, it was extremely close and fun to review the scores on. I like challenging series.

Latos pitched the best against me. To take a page out of the Blue Jays and the Reds conversation above, we will see how Oakland does with a 1 man rotation of Aaron Martin and then.....Aaron Martin....followed by.....Aaron Martin. He is the only pitcher I can count on. I really wish I would have had Mario Villalobos up the day prior to the call up date. I brought him up to late to qualify for the post season (dumb on my part). Oh well, gotta hope for the best and try to outslug and outscore those Rangers.
I debated numerous times about going 3-man so you would see Clark twice instead of Fletcher. Instead, the rookie got killed and Flores pitched a junker of a game 5. Overall, it was extremely close and fun to review the scores on. I like challenging series.

Latos pitched the best against me. To take a page out of the Blue Jays and the Reds conversation above, we will see how Oakland does with a 1 man rotation of Aaron Martin and then.....Aaron Martin....followed by.....Aaron Martin. He is the only pitcher I can count on. I really wish I would have had Mario Villalobos up the day prior to the call up date. I brought him up to late to qualify for the post season (dumb on my part). Oh well, gotta hope for the best and try to outslug and outscore those Rangers.

Blue Jays tale of the playoffs...
SP Martinez 2-0, .53 era, 16 K's in 2 starts.. SP Wyatt/Velazquez 0-3, 8.81 era, 16 K's in 3 starts... Ouch!!