BSL Update: 2018 Almost Spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Sorry for delay

League file will be ready for everyone within 20 minutes of this post

Website will be updated today

Export deadl;ine is 7:30 AM tomorrow morning where I will run a one day sim to start spring so everyone can then adjust their rosters and lineups etc for spring training

Mark Barker plays me all of Spring Training, and takes less money to sign with the Reds. Ugh.

Trades were processed. The easy way to see if I processed trades or not would be to look in the posted trades forum and see if the posted trades are closed or not.

Mark Barker plays me all of Spring Training, and takes less money to sign with the Reds. Ugh.

Man, he was tough to sign - I was wondering who else was making offers. I had offers to him every SIM and he kept asking for more $. I went with the classic move of offering a $20 million team option in the third year and it seemed to have worked. He'll never see a dime of that but I'm happy to have him for a couple of years!

Also, does anyone know why I can only max out at $24,200,000 for Player Development? I'm $11 million under budget and have $75 million cash so I wanted to push that number up to $30 - $35 million in hopes of getting some serious talent increases. When I try to go over $24.2, it just automatically resets to that max limit. I must be missing something in the Financials...

Eric

Man, he was tough to sign - I was wondering who else was making offers. I had offers to him every SIM and he kept asking for more $. I went with the classic move of offering a $20 million team option in the third year and it seemed to have worked. He'll never see a dime of that but I'm happy to have him for a couple of years!

Also, does anyone know why I can only max out at $24,200,000 for Player Development? I'm $11 million under budget and have $75 million cash so I wanted to push that number up to $30 - $35 million in hopes of getting some serious talent increases. When I try to go over $24.2, it just automatically resets to that max limit. I must be missing something in the Financials...

Eric

The budget cap is 5x the league average

He was a tough sign! Every SIM I offered him exactly what he was asking, but he kept asking for more and more. I wasn't willing to go to a high team option as it handcuffs my budget for the future with extensions and such and my owner not approving deals. Oh well, I'll have to find somewhere else to spend this 15 million as I'm already at max cash.