BSL Update: 2020#11 - Rookie Draft Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
We had an abbreviated sim (12 days I think) to the rookie draft stoppage.

I will upload the files in the morning. I am heading to bed now while they generate.

The website will NOT be updated this sim.

I WILL be importing team exports before the draft, so feel free to make changes as normal.

The draft, as of now, is scheduled for Monday night at 6pm central time on Skype. Please remember that we only draft to the end of round 2, so we could keep the offline draft rolling a bit faster and have almost nothing to do that night (ideally).

Please remember to start cutting your roster spots down below the maximums allowed. A normal team with no supplemental picks will have 8 players incoming. The limits at 25 MLB/25 AAA/35 AA with no minimum in the minors. You CANNOT exceed 25AAA and/or 35 AA, I will audit these the sim following the draft and move/cut accordingly.

Phillies rosters all set. Since I do not have another pick until Round 4 in the Rookie Draft, I will not be attending the live portion on Monday.

Any rookie draft lists needs to be PM'd by 5pm central monday if you aren't attending. If you don't attend or send a list, the cpu will draft for you.

Looks like I might need to do a little rebuilding - another rough SIM for the Reds. I'm looking forward to an active draft - I have six picks in the first two rounds. My first round picks have been terrible lately so maybe I'll get lucky and find some hidden gems in the Supp round...

Eric

Cory, all drafted players will go into the DFA right? That way we get to decide who we want to keep, and if we don't want those late rounders, just cut them. I am pretty sure that is what we did before. Please confirm. Thanks, Tony.

That is correct Tony... Some of the player that are draft are worst than the players in our systems..

Looks like I might need to do a little rebuilding - another rough SIM for the Reds. I'm looking forward to an active draft - I have six picks in the first two rounds. My first round picks have been terrible lately so maybe I'll get lucky and find some hidden gems in the Supp round...

Eric

I like your first pick Eric, I was hoping he would stay around a few more picks actually.

Thanks, Pat. I always feel good about the guys I draft, but something always seems to go wrong after I draft them. Six of my last seven first round picks have gone from 4-4.5 star potential down to 1 star with huge ratings hits. Clearly I need some new player development personnel!

Eric

Cory, all drafted players will go into the DFA right? That way we get to decide who we want to keep, and if we don't want those late rounders, just cut them. I am pretty sure that is what we did before. Please confirm. Thanks, Tony.

They actually auto assign to aa, but you can cut drafted players as long as you are within limits first export after draft

Hopefully the four picks in the first round and supplemental and two more in the second round will help infuse my system with some talent. Like Eric, most of my first rounders have took massive hits and/or have consistently been on the DL.

2016 - 1B Yanez (2 1/2 stars; never gotten higher than AAA - currently on DL for 10 months)
CL Bird (3 stars and having a horrible season in the pen)
2017 (best draft I had) - SP Harris (#2 overall prospect, currently in AAA)
CL Millies (4 stars, decent season out of the pen this year)
2018 - C Poe (2 1/2 stars, in AAA)
CF Sampson (4 stars, in AAA)
MR Hardingham (1 star, in AA)
2019 - 3B Gordon (5 stars, in AA)

While we are woefully behind in the standings we have played good of late, closing in on a .500 record.

Twins have exported. Back to normal - no need to worry about buying at this point. Will put Miggy on the block though - last two years of his contract are team option, so it would be a short term rental for a contender.

Could I get a White Sox update (still cant get the game working.)

Cory- I think I only have 4 A spots, will send Pm for some drops.

thanks