BSL Update 2022#23: Arbitration done, Free Agency Open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
There was a few teams that didn't export, so I had to adjust arb and options for them.

Deadline is Sunday at noon central.

Not much for international FA this year. Keep in mind the game shows Type A and Type B but there are no more penalites for signing those players (unlesss it is something I am unaware of in the software, which would be fixed).

Keep an eye on your budgets as well. I gave the Cardinals 10 mil in cash for going negative, and they lost their 2023 1st rounder.

Pretty barren FA pool for depth, but there are about 10 players that should see some major action with the amount surplus money a handful of teams are carrying.

Cory

Yeah one of those teams was me. I've been so busy with school, work, and my apprenticeship that I have looked for a few sims. Didn't realize it was the offseason already. I'll do a better job in the future hopefully.

Arizona exported.

Cory - It appears I lost about 12 guys from my AA & AAA teams. Do you know why?

Ron

Ron, I am not 100% sure but I think this year Cory mentioned in several threads about players who have been in the minors for more then 5 years and aren't on the 40 man roster will be free agents. I may be wrong but that's what I believe happended.

Arizona exported.

Cory - It appears I lost about 12 guys from my AA & AAA teams. Do you know why?

Ron

Minor League free agency was turned on this season for the first time. Any player in minor leagues with over 6 years pro service became a free agent if not under an MLB contract.

As such, I spoke with Mike (Texas) and I have assigned his one 24 year old 4 star player back on his active roster. That was solely at my discretion. Mike had software and personal reasons and was away from the league for a bit when we were changing the rules last year.

Everyone should now be fully aware that keeping minor league players around a long time, they will eventually roll over to free agency. You are welcome to offer them minor league deals again.

Hey Cory,
I don't remember releasing anyone with a contract, but I have $850k in player expenses..
Any ideas? I see that you have $600k and the Mets have $1M..
Thanks, Kendall

Hey Cory,
I don't remember releasing anyone with a contract, but I have $850k in player expenses..
Any ideas? I see that you have $600k and the Mets have $1M..
Thanks, Kendall

I have spent 30 minutes on this and have absolutely no idea. I will set all 3 of them to zero expenses next sim. Apparently a glitch in the software

Pete Cooper has mysteriously disappeared from my roster for no reason. Can you please put him back please.