BSL Update 2024#8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
File is uploading.

Export deadline is Friday at noon central.

Should take us up to the draft. If you haven't picked yet, send me a list to the end of the first round by the export deadline Friday.

Cory

Cards exported horrible sim

Put a claim in on MR R.Salinas. Cory had asked me if I would put a claim in to see if he got pulled back yet again. I believe this issue has been brought to attention many times before. I just don't get after this exact problem has been addressed not that long ago to the same owner. If we need to start making a conduct policy like the NFL or something. Where if you can't apply with simple protocol on something as simple as waivers after already being talked to about the issue. Maybe take away draft picks or some kind of penalty. This isn't a isolated incident it has happened more times then I care to count. Its getting old half the league claims the player and no one gets him yet away to free up a roster spot. If I'm wrong on this issue please someone enlighten me. I wanted to bring it to the forefront so hopefully we can resolve this issue once & for all.

Last edited:
Cards exported horrible sim

Put a claim in on MR R.Salinas. Cory had asked me if I would put a claim in to see if he got pulled back yet again. I believe this issue has been brought to attention many times before. I just don't get after this exact problem has been addressed not that long ago to the same owner. If we need to start making a conduct policy like the NFL or something. Where if you can't apply with simple protocol on something as simple as waivers after already being talked to about the issue. Maybe take away draft picks or some kind of penalty. This isn't a isolated incident it has happened more times then I care to count. Its getting old half the league claims the player and no one gets him yet away to free up a roster spot. If I'm wrong on this issue please someone enlighten me. I wanted to bring it to the forefront so hopefully we can resolve this issue once & for all.

I put a claim on him as well. I figured since i had the worst record last year i would have an early shot on him but had a message saying he was claimed by another team or something like that.

Dennis

Funny how everyone wants to claim him, yet if he is on the trade block, nobody even wants to inquire. Obviously I would like to move him, and you would think that someone would at least say, hey, what does it take. But no, some want to play the Tony is an ass card, which I have been called before by the way. You know, as I have said before, some are so hung up on stars. Well, here, if this 1.5 star player is in so much demand, why doesn't someone make an offer? I mean really, are we all banking on those 1.5 star players? But nobody wants to deal with Tony.

I will tell you what, how about I just release him and you guys can just offer to him. Fair enough? Maybe I should have just had Atlanta claim him, since they had the priority. If I waive him again now, Konel and LA can have him. So if he is that in demand, but nobody wants to trade for him, then just have at him in FA. Just as some want to complain it gets old that a player is constantly hitting waivers, it is old that really, without Heath to trade with, the trading partners in this league are very limited. There are a few, but sometimes, I just don't have the time to commit to working the deals. And that is my bad. But others don't do anything.

But as with most owners, I have a lot of things going on right now. And they are far more important than this stuff. So, Salinas will not see the waiver wire again from me. I will either play him or release him. And just as a FYI, Ayala will be pulled back from waivers as I am just trying to **** him off so he will maybe accept a trade, since he has no role and has is angry about transactions. Play on and play nice!

Funny how everyone wants to claim him, yet if he is on the trade block, nobody even wants to inquire. Obviously I would like to move him, and you would think that someone would at least say, hey, what does it take. But no, some want to play the Tony is an ass card, which I have been called before by the way. You know, as I have said before, some are so hung up on stars. Well, here, if this 1.5 star player is in so much demand, why doesn't someone make an offer? I mean really, are we all banking on those 1.5 star players? But nobody wants to deal with Tony.

I will tell you what, how about I just release him and you guys can just offer to him. Fair enough? Maybe I should have just had Atlanta claim him, since they had the priority. If I waive him again now, Konel and LA can have him. So if he is that in demand, but nobody wants to trade for him, then just have at him in FA. Just as some want to complain it gets old that a player is constantly hitting waivers, it is old that really, without Heath to trade with, the trading partners in this league are very limited. There are a few, but sometimes, I just don't have the time to commit to working the deals. And that is my bad. But others don't do anything.

But as with most owners, I have a lot of things going on right now. And they are far more important than this stuff. So, Salinas will not see the waiver wire again from me. I will either play him or release him. And just as a FYI, Ayala will be pulled back from waivers as I am just trying to **** him off so he will maybe accept a trade, since he has no role and has is angry about transactions. Play on and play nice!

Ok first of all I didn't call you any name that I'm aware of. Why trading got brought up about a waiver issue. Its not about the player. Its about multiple players over several seasons that constantly get put on and off waivers. How many time was SP Allen or Colton Thornton before he blew up? They never cleared waivers they always get pulled back and either waived again or another player to do the same thing. Its a slick way to free up a roster spot. Cory has talked with you about this before. If your mad be mad at me I remember Cory telling me he has addresses this with you so it makes me kind of irritated that it seem to go in one ear and out the other. Trust me no one cares that much about MR Salinas its the fact he's on waivers and cheap for a team to claim and possibly help. There are plenty of guys who will go for a guy for little or no compensation.Let's be realistic here no one is attacking you here just simply bringing a on going issue to the forefront. I could see if it appended a couple times but man Allen I can recall probley 10 times he's been waived and I guarantee you I claimed him probley 8 of those times and he never cleared its abusing the system and no one is gonna convince me otherwise its as black and white as it comes at this point

How is that a confusing situation? Many teams may not want to trade for a player, or maybe they got turned down for a trade, but if he hits the waiver wire all you have to do is take on his contract and not lose anybody in a trade. I don't know why you are always making so many posts with such a chip on your shoulder.

"I know some owners out there really dislike me, and so be it. I am used to them by now."3/2/2015

"But again, I am one of the owners that others complained about..."12/6/2013

There are more out there but it's late and I don't feel like searching any more for them.

Besides the above a common theme in your threads/rants is how we just need to have fun. That one makes me chuckle when I recall passive aggressive remarks about Cory running teams in your division, Cory rejecting one of your trades, etc.

You can twist it however you like--hung up on stars, not seeing the bigger picture...whatever, I personally don't trade with you for one reason....the last two times you sent me trade offers by PM they were so insulting I actually got ticked off thinking "does Tony really think I'm that dumb?". Then when I made a counter offer you never responded back, either time.

I am thinking that it is time for the waiver wire it be used as it was intended.. If you are willing to put a
player on waivers to make room on your teams 40 man roster, then you are also willing to loss that player
to another team that is willing to take him.. A lot of teams are not active traders or do not wish to trade younger
players for veteran players.. Tony is not the only one that has ever pulled a player off waivers for fear of losing
him. I have done it in the past also. Lets stop the bickering and have fun!!!

Kendall

Let me address a few things....

1) Heath, I didn't say that YOU were the one that called me names, but it has happened and we can leave it at that. I am sorry that you thought I meant you, I did not.
2) Heath, you are correct in that Cory did say something, but honestly, it was not until this past off-season, when we talked about the whole roster thing, which included all the minor leagues while you were allowed 40 men on the MLB roster. And I will be the one to say that I forgot. And before the few that always want to have snide comments chime in, YEAH, I FORGOT. It happens. And just for clarification, not that I am making excuses because everyone has stuff going on, but I have had a pretty rough year. Actually a rough 6 months. No sob story, but just hoping that the ones who like to make their comments will maybe back off a bit, I have lost my mother, been in a court battle with my sister who STOLE her estate, my wife's mother had a stroke, her father died the day after Christmas, and to top it all off, my wife was diagnosed with ****** cancer and just had her surgery last week. And I am not one to belly ache about things, or to make excuses, and to be honest, only Cory knew about it. So, yes, I DID FORGET. And I admit it was my fault. And I will say it won't happen again, unless a player that I do intend to let run the course has to be pulled back due to a injury and/or a trade.
3) Meliah, say what you want, you always do. As a Manager of the site, I would think you would do a little better at not stirring the pot, and who knows, maybe I will get banned. But I don't need you to respond, and really, I hope you don't. Just let it go. Or, as you post that I posted on 3/2/2015....well....

Please accept my apology for my mistake, but as we have all said at times, life gets in the way sometimes. And this is a game for an escape and enjoyment, and I do enjoy it. Even with the comments that I get. Some of you don't know it, but I have said it before, owners do not need to be belittled. And it does happen, and maybe by a select few, but it isn't beneficial to the league in any way. I know of two owners who either have left and/or were leaving because of others basically calling them dumb. Not needed. I enjoy the league, even if some do not enjoy me.

Now let's just move on. This endless bickering always seems to be about me. I love the league, and enjoy most of the owners. If the league is better without me, Cory, you let me know. We don't need everyone commenting in here one way or another, because it is just more drama. And I have enough in my everyday life, the BSL is a wonderful escape, as it should be for all. Not a place to troll on other people.

Please, no further comments here, regarding me or my actions. Hopefully all can at least do that. Now, LET'S SIM ON!!!!!!!
Ok first of all I didn't call you any name that I'm aware of. Why trading got brought up about a waiver issue. Its not about the player. Its about multiple players over several seasons that constantly get put on and off waivers. How many time was SP Allen or Colton Thornton before he blew up? They never cleared waivers they always get pulled back and either waived again or another player to do the same thing. Its a slick way to free up a roster spot. Cory has talked with you about this before. If your mad be mad at me I remember Cory telling me he has addresses this with you so it makes me kind of irritated that it seem to go in one ear and out the other. Trust me no one cares that much about MR Salinas its the fact he's on waivers and cheap for a team to claim and possibly help. There are plenty of guys who will go for a guy for little or no compensation.Let's be realistic here no one is attacking you here just simply bringing a on going issue to the forefront. I could see if it appended a couple times but man Allen I can recall probley 10 times he's been waived and I guarantee you I claimed him probley 8 of those times and he never cleared its abusing the system and no one is gonna convince me otherwise its as black and white as it comes at this point

I'm stirring the pot yet you can still take digs at me? Whatever. Thread is locked before it gets even more ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.