BSL Update: Arb Hearings and FA filing 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League file is ready for everyone

Game date is 11/25/14

The Rule 5 Draft is coming very soon.

EVERYONE needs to protect the players they want protected before exporting. I would like these exports by Thursday 8/8/13 at 7 PM Central time. Any player not protected by export or by the owner PM'ing me with protections they want will be available in the rule 5 draft. regardless of ratings, in the past I have been very lenient on this but I am sick of the issues surrounding the rule 5 draft so, make sure to protect the players you want protected or pm with the information. I will import changes tomorrow night/run a short sim to the day of the draft and upload new league files. This will be the absolute 100% correct list for rule 5 eligible players. This means some leg work on your part as most of you should double check the playing time of any prospects you want to keep to make sure that they are not within 5 days of being rule 5 draft protectible. If this doesnt make sense post a question and I will answer it as soon as possible.

I am scheduling the draft for Friday evening at 6:30 PM Central time in the BSL Chat room.

I am sorry for the short sim into the draft but I will be out of town most of next week and it will be difficult for me to run the draft while away, I will however be able to run the sims just as I did while out of town the previous week.

NOW SERIOUSLY! Who wants to trade for Pujols?!??!?!

I will update the website later this evening as I need my bandwidth for a while before starting the site upload.

172 days of service time equals one year of service

The player has at least three but fewer than six years of professional service time, and the player was age 19 or older when he first signed a contract.
The player is not on the team's secondary roster.

Another question.......if I send guys down to minors this sim, will their salaries go back to reflect a minor league deal?

Examples - Stu Clayton & Jim Holmes

I know it isn't huge, but it is $864K.
Anyone still pre arb in minors during arb hearings shpuld be assignedinor league contract unless pre arb years were bought out w mlb desl

Both guys were on the MLB roster, but I intended on moving them down. Didn't know if I move them down now if they will revert back to a minor league contract, or if I am now stuck with them at a MLB contract.
Anyone still pre arb in minors during arb hearings shpuld be assignedinor league contract unless pre arb years were bought out w mlb desl

They should revert to minor deal unless arb eligble or extended w mlb deal at some prior point. Ie, call someone up, extend 4 years. That buys out op for autorenewing deal

172 days of service time equals one year of service

The player has at least three but fewer than six years of professional service time, and the player was age 19 or older when he first signed a contract.
The player is not on the team's secondary roster.

Do we go with what it says regarding less than ....? The problem I have is trying to figure out these rules when a player like AAA SS Miguel Reyes who doesn't show as needing to be protected although his professional service time is 2 years 183 days, basically 3 years, and will turn 23 next sim meaning he was 19 when signed. Same with MR Seth MacGilvray who is already 23. MR Cole Anderson was in the same professional duty time period, but with him being just 21 I know I have a year on him though all the above say they are not eligible because they have less than 4 years of service. 1B Arnie Gordon has another year of service but his says ineligible under 5 years of service. I'm going on the assumption that they are not eligible but will have a serious problem if something gets tinkered in the game that makes me risk losing them this Rule 5.

James--without extensive testing involved, my advice is to protect them onto the 40 if you think there is a chance. Every team has a few excess players they can release if it means making 40 room for a prospect. I wish the game did a better job w rule 5

Do we go with what it says regarding less than ....? The problem I have is trying to figure out these rules when a player like AAA SS Miguel Reyes who doesn't show as needing to be protected although his professional service time is 2 years 183 days, basically 3 years, and will turn 23 next sim meaning he was 19 when signed. Same with MR Seth MacGilvray who is already 23. MR Cole Anderson was in the same professional duty time period, but with him being just 21 I know I have a year on him though all the above say they are not eligible because they have less than 4 years of service. 1B Arnie Gordon has another year of service but his says ineligible under 5 years of service. I'm going on the assumption that they are not eligible but will have a serious problem if something gets tinkered in the game that makes me risk losing them this Rule 5.

Also---the in-game status of eligible/ineligible is for the exact game date the sim shows. You have to add days to the draft to determine true eligibility. Like I stated previously, anyone who is close, I would just protect.