BSL Update: End of Regular Season 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League file is ready

Game date is 9/30/08

Deadline for export is Thursday at 2:00 PM central will sim thru Divisional series

With the regular season over and none of these teams making the playoffs the following teams will lose their 1st round picks in the 2009 Rookie draft:

Minnesota Twins
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates

Seattle Mariners were also negative, however, we will have a new owner for that team for the 09 Season, based on this I do not think we should penalize a new owner, but please chime in if you feel differently, Keep in mind though if we do penalize a new owner for this it may be very very difficult for me to get a new owner to take that team.

Divisional Series are:
AL
Detroit vs. Texas
Oakland vs. Tampa

NL
Cincinatti vs. New York Mets
San Diego vs. Milwaukee

Toronto Blue J's had a disappointing season and my owner is Angry!!!

But on a brighter note... of my managing skills..

New Hampshire Fisher Cats were AA World Series Champions!!
and
Las Vegas 51's are heading to the AAA World Series, waiting for our opponent!!

A lot of good talent in my farm system right now and looking forward
to the next couple season when they start making their MLB Debuts...

Thanks Nick and Cory for the hard work and another great season.

Kendall

Seattle Mariners were also negative, however, we will have a new owner for that team for the 09 Season, based on this I do not think we should penalize a new owner, but please chime in if you feel differently, Keep in mind though if we do penalize a new owner for this it may be very very difficult for me to get a new owner to take that team.

I think we should provide a $10,000,000 base cash in addition to whatever revenue sharing and media money the franchise earns. He can go up and down from that point.

I don't think the new owner should be penalized but Seattle has the #1 over-all pick in the amateur draft my thought is that he moves to the end of the 1st round

I see no reason to move the pick. It was earned this season with a bad year, no need to penalize anyone for something that was earned.

Also, I haven't spoken with Nick on this year, but I wanted to throw it out there.

Regarding losing 1st round picks for financial issues, if those teams lose their first round picks for signing type A free agents, it will roll to the next season more than likely. Long story short, you will eventually lose your first rounder so don't try to skirt the system.

As I thought, Braves missed out on the playoffs, AA team made it the WS where they were swept by NH. AAA team is down 2-3 in the LCS. Good luck to those that made it and for what it is worth my money is on Mil.

Rangers exported
thanks to Nick and Cory for keeping this going I look forward to the play-offs and the 09 season!

That was an ugly year. At least next year I will have a top 10 pick in the draft and can go nowhere but up :)

Thanks to Nick and Cory for their hard work.

O's had a blah year, good luck to this years playoff teams!

On a side note, my son's Peanut little league team (the Orioles of course), were down in our playoff game last night 14-3 in the second inning - pulled out a 17 - 16 win in six innings :D

Todd

Last edited: