BSL Update: Happy New Years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File is Ready for everyone.

Website will not be updated tonight due to my location.

Export deadline is Noon on Thursday.

-Nick

So FA Catcher Eduardo Padilla, my number 1 player to sign this offseason has retired? He sent me a message telling me how Tampa is going to be the best fit for him and then I check his player card and he is listed as retired? What's up with this?

That is odd. But hey, if you need a C again, I have Joe Mauer who has spoken highly of his time in Tampa.
So FA Catcher Eduardo Padilla, my number 1 player to sign this offseason has retired? He sent me a message telling me how Tampa is going to be the best fit for him and then I check his player card and he is listed as retired? What's up with this?

I was wondering what happened to him. I had offered him a contract as well until I saw how much Tampa had offered. I also have a catcher available if you still need one...C John Baker if interested. Thanks

Last edited:
The international free agents will retire at tes if they dont sign by the first of the year. It has happened before

So there's nothing I can do about it? I just lost out on him?

Pretty much, they usually are considered to return to play at home if they dont sign by the 1st. Sometimes one will stick aroud to sign, but it is rare. It sounds like you were close, so next time you have international fa, offer more sooner.

So there's nothing I can do about it? I just lost out on him?

Don't feel too bad, I offered a nice contract right out of the gate to Padilla as well. He also sent me two messages indicating that the Brewers were his choice (after I upped my offer). It happens...

Well, I was just wondering if he would follow that Jan. 1st retire thingy. Not an issue for me as my owner said I cannot even sign a league minimum guy. I am left offering minor league contracts to guys that just laugh at me.

The Jan 1 thing isn't necessarily set in stone, but I have noticed a large portion of them 'retire' after Jan 1 if they don't sign before then. I usually have 15+ minor league deals out every export, if not more.

I knew the chances of him leaving by the first so I offered him a hefty contract the last sim, if he didn't sign for that one I think he wanted to go back home:)

I was wondering what happened to him. I had offered him a contract as well until I saw how much Tampa had offered. I also have a catcher available if you still need one...C John Baker if interested. Thanks

PM sent regarding Baker.

FYI. I've been really busy so far this week so those of you who've asked me to double check your export dates I haven't been able to yet. I won't be running the sim until this evening whenever I get done working do I will ha e to check then.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online