BSL Update: Winter Meetings end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League file is ready

Okay, My original plan was to sim up to 12/23/07 In the game, I had to stop at 12/17/07.

I had an issue with Texas ROster that forced me to stop, This could have happened to anyone, so I am not blaming Konel07 or trying to call him out in any way, it all boils down to some of the new options we have and are using with the software that this ended up being an issue. I want to describe so everyone is fully aware, I have not had a chance to check all teams yet and see if this is possibly a problem for others, But there is time for fixes if everyone checks out their situation.

Texas had made a couple FA pickups who signed and had made a few trades (also he was out of town so couldnt really see this happening in front of him)

Due to The Rule 5 draft we are using with the software, and the moves made to protect minor leaguers, Texas ended up with 40/40 on his 40 man roster. When You protected your players from the rule 5 draft you added them to your 40 man roster. In order for you to remove a protected player from your 40 man roster, that player needs to clear waivers, However, when you place that player on waivers, it does not open a slot on your 40 Man roster(until that player clears and can be moved) SO in this situation, There were 7 guys in DFA that HAD to be moved and no where for them to go (mostly Major league contracts which have to be on the 40 Man roster, even if they are in the minors)

In this situation I could not advance the sim until we had cleared up some of the problem.

That left Texas no choice but to release some players from his active roster (which costs you cash to buyout contracts) which in turn opened up slots on the 40 Man roster. After I had ran the sim, stopped and uploaded, I was able to get Konel on the phone and we made the immediate changes necessary just so I can do the sim tomorrow.

So be aware of where you rosters are at # wise, especially when making trades and FA signings, if you fall into this situation it WILL cost you money, because the only way to open those slots and get the dudes off of DFA is to release players.

Anyways, With that being said, Konel07 needs to clear some space (2 More Spots on his 40 Man) as he has 2 players left in DFA with 15 and 16 days left, Tomorrows sim will only be 14 days so no biggie there., but take a peek at his 40 MAn roster and see if you can help him out, he would need Minor leaguers that do not HAVE to be on a 40 Man roster in order for trades to work, I need to call him, as we can put some players on waivers before tomorrows sim as well, that if anyone picks up would open that space for him too.

Last edited:
One big reason why most teams won't want to place minor league players on the active roster, but on the 40-man secondary roster only.

However, as a quick patch you can move any players from active to waivers AS WELL AS move them to DFA which clears them off the 40 temporarily, allowing free space for people with expired DFA. The downside is they can be claimed by any team looking at waivers.

Everyone, please, please consider your active, 40-man, and DFA spots before you add ANY sort of major league contract or call up a player from the minors. This will become a very large issue for some teams if they do not fully consider the ramifications.

Cory

I got 15 more minutes at work and then 1/2 hour ride home. Can't wait to see if either of my offers we accepted.

Ron

quick question about the sim days and waivers

nick

i just have a quick question for clarification on the waiver wire. i have several players i want to clear waivers so i can send back down to the minors that have 12 days left to clear. if you run the sim and it goes 14 days, it is possible for someone to claim a player from me on waivers and get them before i see their claim and can pull the player back off waivers, correct? since the sim is 14 days and other teams are downloading their moves by tomorrow, i would then be at a disadvantage in that i get no chance to see anyone trying to put in a claim on my player, correct, because of the 12 days left for my player and the 14 day sim you will run?

i hope this makes sense but i cannot afford to lose good players because i will get no warning that someone has made a waiver claim against me. help me out here please.

thanks again for all you do and the hard work. you make our lives easier and this game quite fun and interesting!

League file is ready

Okay, My original plan was to sim up to 12/23/07 In the game, I had to stop at 12/17/07.

I had an issue with Texas ROster that forced me to stop, This could have happened to anyone, so I am not blaming Konel07 or trying to call him out in any way, it all boils down to some of the new options we have and are using with the software that this ended up being an issue. I want to describe so everyone is fully aware, I have not had a chance to check all teams yet and see if this is possibly a problem for others, But there is time for fixes if everyone checks out their situation.

Texas had made a couple FA pickups who signed and had made a few trades (also he was out of town so couldnt really see this happening in front of him)

Due to The Rule 5 draft we are using with the software, and the moves made to protect minor leaguers, Texas ended up with 40/40 on his 40 man roster. When You protected your players from the rule 5 draft you added them to your 40 man roster. In order for you to remove a protected player from your 40 man roster, that player needs to clear waivers, However, when you place that player on waivers, it does not open a slot on your 40 Man roster(until that player clears and can be moved) SO in this situation, There were 7 guys in DFA that HAD to be moved and no where for them to go (mostly Major league contracts which have to be on the 40 Man roster, even if they are in the minors)

In this situation I could not advance the sim until we had cleared up some of the problem.

That left Texas no choice but to release some players from his active roster (which costs you cash to buyout contracts) which in turn opened up slots on the 40 Man roster. After I had ran the sim, stopped and uploaded, I was able to get Konel on the phone and we made the immediate changes necessary just so I can do the sim tomorrow.

So be aware of where you rosters are at # wise, especially when making trades and FA signings, if you fall into this situation it WILL cost you money, because the only way to open those slots and get the dudes off of DFA is to release players.

Anyways, With that being said, Konel07 needs to clear some space (2 More Spots on his 40 Man) as he has 2 players left in DFA with 15 and 16 days left, Tomorrows sim will only be 14 days so no biggie there., but take a peek at his 40 MAn roster and see if you can help him out, he would need Minor leaguers that do not HAVE to be on a 40 Man roster in order for trades to work, I need to call him, as we can put some players on waivers before tomorrows sim as well, that if anyone picks up would open that space for him too.

Yeah, The league file is ready to go, It just doesnt reflect the changes I made to TExas' roster

Thanks for the help seems like once I figure something out another issue arises.. But it's a learning process.. Thanks again
~Chris

Arizona exported.

Kind of disappointed. Both my Free Agent offers were turned down when I was giving them what they were asking for.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.