BSL Update: Winter Meetings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File is Ready

Game Date is 12/17/08

I simmed thru winter meetings,

Deadline for export is Friday at 2:00 PM central time I will sim to the beginning of 2009

Few Major Signings this sim:
Boston Signs SP John Lackey 20 Million per for 8 years!

LAD signs SP Mike Mussina 31.35 Million over 2 years

KC Signs Aaron Hill 2b 17 Million over 3 years

Is this the time when we can call players up for upcoming spring training? Add them on 40 man roster then take them off before they have to be paid for MLB service time?

I'm pleased as punch on signing Mussina. Tried to get him for one year, but that didn't work. Thankfully, nobody else made an offer and I got him well below the $22 Mil he wanted.Not only did I shave Delgado's contract, my owner gave my budget a nice little boost, leaving me with more than enough cash. What else to do with it, but use it to win? :D

I'm pleased as punch on signing Mussina. Tried to get him for one year, but that didn't work. Thankfully, nobody else made an offer and I got him well below the $22 Mil he wanted.Not only did I shave Delgado's contract, my owner gave my budget a nice little boost, leaving me with more than enough cash. What else to do with it, but use it to win? :D

I made an offer on Moose
but nowhere near that amount. Had to give it a shot :)

Red Sox exported. Opening Day roster is starting to come together. Just looking for the injury bug to go infect some other team this year and leave mine alone.

Back