Can I get some computer help, please?

3greyhounds

5.00 star(s)
I have a problem with this new computer that I haven't been able to figure out - hopefully one of my buddies here at The Bench can help.

Basically, I can't print postage from Paypal multi-order shipping. The window will open, I click "print sample label" or "print label", and nothing happens. I'm running Windows 8 , using IE (for Paypal only as Paypal MOS does not work on Chrome) and I've made sure that my printer is set as the default printer.

Does anyone have an answer for this, or an idea as to what could be going wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I've had the same problem. I'm thinking it's not the computer, but I don't know for sure. I was also thinking that paypal won't allow postage to be used unless the transaction was paid with paypal. But that is speculation. I would call paypal.

3greyhounds

5.00 star(s)
I've had the same problem. I'm thinking it's not the computer, but I don't know for sure. I was also thinking that paypal won't allow postage to be used unless the transaction was paid with paypal. But that is speculation. I would call paypal.

I do pay with Paypal on these, but thanks for the thought.

Make sure that any popup blockers or ad filters are turned off and that you have Adobe Acrobat installed.

OK, just went into settings and allowed popups on Paypal. Will download Acrobat this evening.

Thanks!

Beachbum

5.00 star(s)
Make sure that any popup blockers or ad filters are turned off and that you have Adobe Acrobat installed.

I would bet it is one of these like Buc said. Also, if this is a new problem (you were previously able to print from Paypal) go into your browser's printer settings (not the computer), and restore settings to default. This has worked for me before when having trouble printing from Paypal.

pmanningsfan73

5.00 star(s)
I use GC as my browser & can print paypal Multi-Order Shipping. I have heard some bad things though with Windows 8 but that's just hearsay as I still run on Windows 7 OS. Good luck

3greyhounds

5.00 star(s)
Well, I'll try it with Chrome next time - if it works for you guys, I can't see why it won't work for me. Sorta weird that it's not listed as one of the "supported" browsers.

Beachbum, this is a new computer - my old one took the big dive into the blue screen of doom. Didn't have any issues with the old one, getting the new one to print labels is the problem.

Along that train of thought - I discovered that this new computer didn't have Java installed, so that's been done. Something tells me that's necessary for printing those labels.

Thanks for the help,
Dan

3greyhounds

5.00 star(s)
Update - it works!

Installed Java (which I think was the big problem, and why the heck isn't it already in there?), killed the popup blocker, and reinstalled the printer using the USB port as the output from computer to printer. VOILA!

And yep, it works with Chrome. Now I can ditch Internet Exploder completely.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Dan