Cancel transaction option

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
There should be a CANCEL option in the transaction section.
The transaction can be cancelled by either member until it has been confirmed. If it hasn't been confirmed there is a cancel button right where the other buttons are, such as "Confirm", "Mark sent", "Complete", etc.

Once confirmed, if you need it cancelled it has to be reported then a moderator can cancel it. The "Report" button is in the same place.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
There is a cancel bar before you confirm but after the trade is confirmed the cancel option is no longer there.
Yes, you can't cancel a transaction that has already been confirmed. Once confirmed, the transaction must be reported and can only be cancelled by a moderator.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Hi Mike! What about the forgotten trades.....I have one where the guy or gal posted and I got it months later...so I click on that I got it and they never click on they received it even thought the DC shows they got it. Best regards, David PS the same guy or gal that STLSHOEMAN was having problems with....

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Hi Mike! What about the forgotten trades.....I have one where the guy or gal posted and I got it months later...so I click on that I got it and they never click on they received it even thought the DC shows they got it. Best regards, David PS the same guy or gal that STLSHOEMAN was having problems with....
You can report the transaction and we can either cancel it or place the member on CTO (Current Transactions Only) restriction. Then they will be unable to create, or confirm, any new transactions until they fix the ones that are outstanding.

If the member hasn't been on the site in a while, and we can't get in touch with them, the only options are to either let it sit there and hope they eventually come back and complete it or we can just cancel it.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Speaking of canceled trades, I wanted to find one this week. In the transaction manager search function, canceled isn't an option. How can canceled trade be retrieved? Thanks. Dave

Last edited:

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Under the old system.....theses trades would go into the forgotten list.......Under the new system they hang on with the current trades. Best regards, David PS is there a way to have a trade over 2 months just drop into a forgotten list?

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Once a transaction has been posted, and confirmed, it can only be completed by the members or cancelled by a moderator. To get one cancelled, you'd need to report the transaction so a moderator can look in to it. We'll make an effort to help get the transaction completed and, if we're unable to get that done, we'll cancel it.

As far as viewing cancelled transactions, that's something I can work on for the next update. Right now they're not even viewable by moderators so it'll take a bit of work to fix that. It is worth noting that cancelled transactions are completely removed after a certain amount of time has passed.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Once a transaction has been posted, and confirmed, it can only be completed by the members or cancelled by a moderator. To get one cancelled, you'd need to report the transaction so a moderator can look in to it. We'll make an effort to help get the transaction completed and, if we're unable to get that done, we'll cancel it.

As far as viewing cancelled transactions, that's something I can work on for the next update. Right now they're not even viewable by moderators so it'll take a bit of work to fix that. It is worth noting that cancelled transactions are completely removed after a certain amount of time has passed.
Would the canceled come up if you chose to search on any?