Chat Room - Trade Night - Tuesday, June 15th

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Now that we have a chat room, and it seems to be working pretty well, feels like a great way to kick off summer would be a Trade Night. So mark your calendars for Tuesday, June 15th @ 9pm EST (early birds welcome), just want to give our friends out west enough time to get in front of their computers at home!

The chat room does have a private message function, so you will be able to work out trade details in private one to one, which will allow the room to stay somewhat "clean" as other pursue trades.

This thread will serve as a nice staging area for what you might be looking for, or looking to trade away.

For example, I will be looking to pickup any Kirby Puckett cards, especially those from 2021 Topps. And if lucky, maybe a couple vintage cards that I am in need of.

Hope to see a bunch of members participating, this used to be a great way to get trading done on the old Bench.

***bonus*** keep your eyes open for potential live chat events coming up for sporting events, where we can keep a running dialogue during a high profile game.

dbacknate

Pro
4.90 star(s)
Now that we have a chat room, and it seems to be working pretty well, feels like a great way to kick off summer would be a Trade Night. So mark your calendars for Tuesday, June 15th @ 9pm EST (early birds welcome), just want to give our friends out west enough time to get in front of their computers at home!

The chat room does have a private message function, so you will be able to work out trade details in private one to one, which will allow the room to stay somewhat "clean" as other pursue trades.

This thread will serve as a nice staging area for what you might be looking for, or looking to trade away.

For example, I will be looking to pickup any Kirby Puckett cards, especially those from 2021 Topps. And if lucky, maybe a couple vintage cards that I am in need of.

Hope to see a bunch of members participating, this used to be a great way to get trading done on the old Bench.

***bonus*** keep your eyes open for potential live chat events coming up for sporting events, where we can keep a running dialogue during a high profile game.
I will be looking for 1986 Inserts from 2021, and 2021 Paul Goldschmidt!

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
May be a long shot, but I'll be looking for any Tony Parker cards I don't already have, and any PSA/BGS graded Vince Carter rookies that I don't already have.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
This is great! I remember taking part in the New Member Chats and finding a few trades about a decade ago. Hopefully this brings a bit of a resurgence of The Bench. I'll mark it on my calendar and stop in for a while.

I'm an autograph collector. Specifically looking for signed cards from the following sets:

BASEBALL: 1972 Topps, 1982-1991 Donruss Diamond Kings, 2003-2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites, 2013 Topps Mini '72 Inserts, 2013 Topps Archives #1-50, 2021 Topps Heritage

FOOTBALL: 2004 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites, Heisman Winners on index cards

HOCKEY: 2001/02 Topps/OPC Archives, 2002/03 Fleer Throwbacks, 2002/03 Topps Total, 2005/06 and 2006/07 Upper Deck Rookie Class

INDOOR SOCCER: 1987/88-1992/93 Pacific MISL and NPSL

RACING: 1989 Maxx Crisco, 2004 Press Pass Trackside Hot Pass National Promos

Unsigned, I'm looking for any Cory Snyder regional issues, rarities, and short print runs that I don't have.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Looks like I'm going to have to miss it, unfortunately.

A very good friend of mine spent most of last week in the hospital. She's back home now, but my wife and I are going to see her and bring dinner over. But I'll try to duck in later once I'm back (though I'm betting things may be done by then; maybe if it works on mobile I'll be in on the drive back if my wife is behind the wheel).

And I'll at least do all the future ones. So for anyone reading this thread, let me know if you have any of the aforementioned stuff I need!

Jack

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Looking for 21 Topps2 Tom Glavines (not autos have more than 20 already) GUs OK looking for inserts-parallels-oddballs from any years have EVERY base card made
Jack

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Thanks to everyone who joined our first Trade Night of 2021. Lots of fun conversations, trades, and giveaways (special thanks to @grapler135s for doing the giveaways).

We had a total of 38 members join the chat room, and 26 members who were typed at least one message in the room tonight.

I, personally, was able to make two trades tonight that I wouldn't have otherwise, and one other possible as a result of the Trade Night.

So, I'd say it was a pretty successful Trade Night. Again, thanks to everyone who participated tonight. We will do it again next month!

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Thanks to everyone who joined our first Trade Night of 2021. Lots of fun conversations, trades, and giveaways (special thanks to @grapler135s for doing the giveaways).

We had a total of 38 members join the chat room, and 26 members who were typed at least one message in the room tonight.

I, personally, was able to make two trades tonight that I wouldn't have otherwise, and one other possible as a result of the Trade Night.

So, I'd say it was a pretty successful Trade Night. Again, thanks to everyone who participated tonight. We will do it again next month!

Mike, thanks for getting all of this together, and it was just fun to chat with everyone! I wonder how many extra views people's threads got last night, I felt like there was a lot of activity just in general. Great stuff, thanks again!

Blessings,

Kevin

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I'd say @katester44 deserves most of the credit for last night. He's been pushing for the chat room for quite some time. He picked the date and he got the ball rolling. I'm was just glad to see it was a success, and I'm looking forward to the next one!
Appreciate you @katester44 ! This is the kind of thing that really defines us as a community, and it was fun to chat with friends! Keep pushing these, I sure enjoyed!

God bless,

Kevin

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Appreciate you @katester44 ! This is the kind of thing that really defines us as a community, and it was fun to chat with friends! Keep pushing these, I sure enjoyed!

God bless,

Kevin

Heck yeah, I will take all the credit!! I AM INEVITABLE!!!!

Definitely wouldn't have been possible without the revitalization/resurgence of The Bench since @Mike121 arrived on the scene. The addition of the chat room is an added benefit that I don't see anywhere else. My biggest takeaway is that there were 38 members in the room at one point and 26 of them commented -- and at no point, as a moderator, did I see anything that looked offensive or argumentative. Our members handled themselves with utmost respect for everyone else in the room. It was the better part of 2 hours and it seems like everyone had some fun.

Discussion has already started for the July version, so keep your eyes open for a firm date and the hype machine that comes with it!!!

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Heck yeah, I will take all the credit!! I AM INEVITABLE!!!!

Definitely wouldn't have been possible without the revitalization/resurgence of The Bench since @Mike121 arrived on the scene. The addition of the chat room is an added benefit that I don't see anywhere else. My biggest takeaway is that there were 38 members in the room at one point and 26 of them commented -- and at no point, as a moderator, did I see anything that looked offensive or argumentative. Our members handled themselves with utmost respect for everyone else in the room. It was the better part of 2 hours and it seems like everyone had some fun.

Discussion has already started for the July version, so keep your eyes open for a firm date and the hype machine that comes with it!!!
@katester44 @Mike121 Good leadership has made the Bench what it is, so we appreciate you guys and everyone else, shout out to the mods and also of course to our members!

I agree, those are great numbers to see on the site, and I am really happy that everyone enjoyed the Trade Night! Not sure, did anyone get stats on how many trades went down during those 2 hours? I am sure there were some that took place outside of the chat room as well, which is still cool, kind of a side bet bonus for whoever was on! Like I said, I felt like there was also a lot of extra traffic in the forums last night, so that is great.

Will keep my eyes open for the July date, looking forward to it!

God bless,

Kevin

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
@katester44 @Mike121 Good leadership has made the Bench what it is, so we appreciate you guys and everyone else, shout out to the mods and also of course to our members!

I agree, those are great numbers to see on the site, and I am really happy that everyone enjoyed the Trade Night! Not sure, did anyone get stats on how many trades went down during those 2 hours? I am sure there were some that took place outside of the chat room as well, which is still cool, kind of a side bet bonus for whoever was on! Like I said, I felt like there was also a lot of extra traffic in the forums last night, so that is great.

Will keep my eyes open for the July date, looking forward to it!

God bless,

Kevin

I would like to think there was some extra traffic last night searching threads/forums -- even if they didn't pop into the chat room. I am sure we can look at the trade manager and see if there was a bit of a spike in trades confirmed last evening after 9pm or so.

I am also hoping that folks discovered the private conversations function in the chat room. Where you could direct message in real time another member to work out details of a proposed trade.

At this point, it couldn't be any easier to work out a trade, short of physically being in the same room with someone.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I would like to think there was some extra traffic last night searching threads/forums -- even if they didn't pop into the chat room. I am sure we can look at the trade manager and see if there was a bit of a spike in trades confirmed last evening after 9pm or so.

I am also hoping that folks discovered the private conversations function in the chat room. Where you could direct message in real time another member to work out details of a proposed trade.

At this point, it couldn't be any easier to work out a trade, short of physically being in the same room with someone.
Yes, I agree, and I think that is fantastic! How easy to be able to communicate and get details worked out, rather than having to PM multiple times!

Blessings,

Kevin