Cody Bellinger Dodgers is on fire!

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Hit HR 37! Best regards, David PS 39 HRS in 2017.....25 HRS in 2018 and 37 HRS in 2019= 101 HRS ...Only 24 yrs old and 18 days.....

AndyDrummond

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
How about that Muncy kid getting it done too! If they can find any middle relief this team is going to be the most feared come October.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Seemed like both Bellinger and Yelich slowed down a bit after the all star break, but are back at it now. Along with Pete Alonso as well.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Seemed like both Bellinger and Yelich slowed down a bit after the all star break, but are back at it now. Along with Pete Alonso as well.

Yelich back on the injury list........hmmmm......Alonso has 38.....this year but hes 24 years and 242 days....Bellinger is 24 years and 31 days....has 103 Home runs.......Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Yelich back on the injury list........hmmmm......Alonso has 38.....this year but hes 24 years and 242 days....Bellinger is 24 years and 31 days....has 103 Home runs.......Best regards, David

Yelich being injured almost assures Bellinger of the MVP - assuming nothing crazy happens over the next couple months.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Bellinger and the Dodgers were cranking last night....Bellinger just needs to get a better belt to keep his pants on. Had a semi-Steve Lyons moment at 3rd base last night!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I think it was Arizona the other night where he hit HR to tie the game up in the top of the 9th - not sure why they were even pitching to him in that situation. He doesn't need to get the Bonds treatment every at bat, but when the game is on the line, why would you throw anything close to a hittable pitch???

I am starting to get the feeling that there are a lot of managers who have no clue what they are doing....

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I think it was Arizona the other night where he hit HR to tie the game up in the top of the 9th - not sure why they were even pitching to him in that situation. He doesn't need to get the Bonds treatment every at bat, but when the game is on the line, why would you throw anything close to a hittable pitch???

I am starting to get the feeling that there are a lot of managers who have no clue what they are doing....
Cody has a lot of walks! The one that get pitch to a lot is Yelich! Best regards, David

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Walked three times...one hit in 2 at bats......Home run 44.....108 total for three years........walked about 85 times this year. Best regards, David

Last edited:

Rabs

5.00 star(s)
Still think he wins MVP? Definitely has slowed down quite a bit but since Yelich is out he still has a good chance. I think Rendon now is up there also.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Still think he wins MVP? Definitely has slowed down quite a bit but since Yelich is out he still has a good chance. I think Rendon now is up there also.

I think it is still Bellingers to win, but Rendon is closing quickly. If the Nationals get hot and he is the reason, I can see him stealing some votes. Yelichs injury derailed the shot at back to back.
In my book right now:
1 - Bellinger
2 - Rendon
3 - Yelich

Curious to see how voters in the AL treat Trout, since the Angels have a losing record..and he missed the end of the season with an injury.
In my book right now:
1 - Bregman
2 - LeMahieu
3 - Trout

Rabs

5.00 star(s)
I think it is still Bellingers to win, but Rendon is closing quickly. If the Nationals get hot and he is the reason, I can see him stealing some votes. Yelichs injury derailed the shot at back to back.
In my book right now:
1 - Bellinger
2 - Rendon
3 - Yelich

Curious to see how voters in the AL treat Trout, since the Angels have a losing record..and he missed the end of the season with an injury.
In my book right now:
1 - Bregman
2 - LeMahieu
3 - Trout

I think Trout still wins regardless. Astros have so many good players so I think that hurts Bregman in a way. But Trout missing games doesn't help his case.