Combine your POSTS

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Please try and combine your posts with your wantlists. It will only turn into a posting war if each person make 10 posts for 10 different sets. Everyone wants their threads on the first page so lets try and help each other out by combining wantlists into one BIG post.

Thanks,

JamesNevans

5.00 star(s)
Outstanding thought. I think it makes better sense as well, since if I only come up with a card or two on a person's wantlist, I may not post just since it may not be cost effective to trade. Now if it is 2 or 3 cards each from a few sets, it makes for a much better trade.

It makes it easier to find your wantlist posts if there are fewer of them. Why is this important? Because when you pick up a card through a trade (on or off this site), a store purchase, a pack opening, or eBay, you can come back and EDIT your original post so you don't waste other collectors time pulling stuff you've filled, or trading for cards you've already filled.

tyama

5.00 star(s)
Reposting

Hi: I'm getting a feel after joining a week ago, but there's plenty to learn. I posted two messages for cards I'm looking for. How do you update a posting? Thanks. Tosh

YankeeBob63

5.00 star(s)
tyama said:
Hi: I'm getting a feel after joining a week ago, but there's plenty to learn. I posted two messages for cards I'm looking for. How do you update a posting? Thanks. Tosh

Tosh,
In the lower right corner of your posts is an "edit" button like this:

click on it and edit your wantlists, etc.

Welcome to the message boards!
;)

forznoles

5.00 star(s)
If you edit your original post to keep updating your wantlist in one post, will that also give the thread a "bump"? Thanks. forznoles

YankeeBob63

5.00 star(s)
forznoles said:
If you edit your original post to keep updating your wantlist in one post, will that also give the thread a "bump"? Thanks. forznoles

No, it will not "bump" the post. You'll have to add a reply to "bump" the thread.

TomBiggs

5.00 star(s)
EMAN ... you can edit your post and your thread title.

YankeeBob64 was correct in how you edit your post.

To edit your title ... follow YankeeBob64's steps. On the screen that is then displayed you will see 3 options at the bottom ... SAVE, GO ADVANCED, CANCEL.
Click GO ADVANCED. At this point you can edit your post and/or your title.

Hope that helps.

Tom

worldwideed

5.00 star(s)
Seeing many non-combined threads lately. One went like this

New Thread: Jeter lot $8.90 dlvd
New Thread: Ruth lot $14.34 dlvd
New Thread: Ripken lot $12.45 dlvd

Dang that gets annoying. How about this.
Player lots (Jeter, Ruth, Ripken) w/dlvd prices.

The mods can't catch everything, they keep very busy, and if we can wipe our own noses we should. Please try to combine people.