COMC! Let see if their shipping has improved or still the same old 50 Plus days!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I've been watching very closely on their Ebay posts. A couple of weeks ago they had (or ebay had) a *warning* about the shipping time. I have since noticed the *warning* is no longer there and the item will be received by July 24 (<<that's of last night).

Wondering if this is accurate or just a load of kablooey?

What gets me, and the reason COMC doesn't care about this, is that folks keep buying from them. Until that stops happening, and it probably won't anytime soon, I don't see them getting in any huge hurry to fix the problem. Why should they? They're still selling as many cards as they ever have. They could be selling even more than they ever have with the current state of the hobby.
I am guilty of this, even after all my complaining. I ended up with 3 more cards, due to a s/h refund when I complained about my late order. It was either leave the money alone, buy the cards or give it away somehow. I ended up buying 3 cards, one of which I had been looking for, for quite some time. I tried to get them to ship me the cards with my way delayed site order, but no dice.

After finally getting my overdue order and letting the whole thing cool a bit, I decided that since I want the 3 cards and will have to endue another shipping request, that I could buy a few more cheap cards before requesting shipment, and hope that by that time things were better. I felt this was OK, given my vocal stance on what I was seeing going on with COMC. Not that I even have to justify it, but I did.

The sad part is, the sellers are probably hurting the most with any issues that are causing people to cancel orders, leave the site, etc. I am guessing COMC is still doing quite well regardless. I am not 100% up on the fee structure, since I have sold exactly 2 cards. 1 was a card that I "bought" that was somehow wrong. They agreed to buy it right back. The other was some young no-name pitcher who had just died. I just happened to see that he had 1 certified auto (1 copy only) and someone wanted around $2 for it. I took a chance, bought it and listed it for $15 and someone bit. I don't recall paying anything for that sale to COMC. Anyway, I imagine COMC is still making a ton on cards received and I believe they have some sort of small (but it adds up) storage fee as well. Not sure if they make anything on the actual sale of cards and if true, for them it's all about loading up the site and keeping it loaded.

Bottom line, I decided to buy a few select cards and hope for a better shipping experience next time, whenever that turns out. If they have not improved by then, I am 100% done for certain.