Come check out my old school box break!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I actually wish I had more to break. I never could keep much and always ripped everything I got with a few exceptions. I opened a box of those Topps Fun Food Buttons a week or so ago, but didn't think to document it.

The blog is just my random ramblings, mainly Steve Garvey, with an oddity here and there.

So, were the cards in the box from the full 120+4 card set that was issued incrementally previously? I think that's what I gathered from the post. Could you scan a few, front and back so we could get a good look at them? I'd heard of these but had never seen them for sale anywhere.

Always glad to see something old being busted instead of junk with chrome and fractor in the title.

Yes, the first 30 cards were issued in set form, I know this for sure, as they were the only cards made when I bought my set originally. I am not sure if you could get subsequent 30 card sets later or if the last 90 cards came out at once. Interestingly, the cards are numbered for example: 2 of 30, 38 of 60, 88 of 90 and 112 of 120, leading you to believe they were all available as separate series.

The packs contained cards from all 4 series.

Here are the remaining photos I took, but didn't use in the blog. In order to scan, I need to set up my laptop computer and I have not cracked it out this weekend yet. I will probably be setting it up later today though and may be able to get some scans done.

First.jpg
Open.jpg
Progress.jpg
Back.jpg

David,

This isn't the first box I have busted, so I may have the singles I need to complete the set sitting in another box somewhere. Finding them is the trick!

So, were the cards in the box from the full 120+4 card set that was issued incrementally previously? I think that's what I gathered from the post. Could you scan a few, front and back so we could get a good look at them? I'd heard of these but had never seen them for sale anywhere.

Always glad to see something old being busted instead of junk with chrome and fractor in the title.

Thanks for posting those. Sheesh, did EVERY card company try to sell their own 9-pocket sheets in the 80s?