CONTEST OVER - winner - bblair -Golf Contest #1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
A couple weeks ago I went on a "business trip" that allowed me a chance to play a little golf.

I was able to squeeze 3 rounds in. The person who can guess the closest to what my best better ball combined score for the 3 rounds was will get a prize (as yet undetermined, but will figure something out....)

Best better ball = my best score on a hole regardless of which day it was, ie, if on the first hole:
day 1 - par
day 2 - bogey
day 3 - bogey

Than my best score would be a par for the first hole. Par for the course was 70.

Tiebreaker #1 - how many total pars for the 3 rounds
Tiebreaker #2 - how many total birdies for the 3 rounds

Contest will close on Monday the 13th at noon.

Last edited:
A couple weeks ago I went on a "business trip" that allowed me a chance to play a little golf.

I was able to squeeze 3 rounds in. The person who can guess the closest to what my best better ball combined score for the 3 rounds was will get a prize (as yet undetermined, but will figure something out....)

Best better ball = my best score on a hole regardless of which day it was, ie, if on the first hole:
day 1 - par
day 2 - bogey
day 3 - bogey

Than my best score would be a par for the first hole. Par for the course was 70.

Tiebreaker #1 - how many total pars for the 3 rounds
Tiebreaker #2 - how many total birdies for the 3 rounds

Contest will close on Monday the 13th at noon.

1st a question? Does your score of todays round when you play the Chief count

Day 1 probably a birdie on a par three

Tiebreaker 1/ 8 pars for the three rounds
Tiebreaker 2 /1 birdie
DSo for the total of 54 holes of Golf You had
8 pars
1 birdie
36 boggies
9 doubleboggies or more

1st a question? Does your score of todays round when you play the Chief count

Day 1 probably a birdie on a par three

Tiebreaker 1/ 8 pars for the three rounds
Tiebreaker 2 /1 birdie
DSo for the total of 54 holes of Golf You had
8 pars
1 birdie
36 boggies
9 doubleboggies or more

Nope, no scores from today count!

And first part is total score for all 18 holes, not just the first hole (used as example only)

So you're taking your best score on each hole from those 3 rounds and combining them into one 18 hole score? That's how I'm reading it and if that's the case my answer is 72.

Tie-breaker is 20 pars and 4 birdies.

Again, sorry for the delay in posting the results, life has been hectic and cutting into my trading time.......

The winner of the contest is bblair 2002, with a guess of 72 as my better ball score, which hit the number right on the head.

Had it gone to tiebreakers - I scrambled for 23 pars and 2 birdies for the three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.