Copy & Paste from Excel Clone called Open Office

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I am wanting to copy and paste from my Open Office spreadsheet to a Bench thread. This is the first time I'm trying this on the new Bench. It is copying the grid lines. It didn't happen on the old Bench. Any help appreciated. Thanks. Dave

chief wahoo

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I am wanting to copy and paste from my Open Office spreadsheet to a Bench thread. This is the first time I'm trying this on the new Bench. It is copying the grid lines. It didn't happen on the old Bench. Any help appreciated. Thanks. Dave

You're right. This is new with the recent update. Even if you remove gridlines in Excel before copying, they will show up here. Not sure if there is a solution, unless Mike changes some Bench code.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I do the same from my excel spreadsheet. I right click and paste as plain text and that works for me. hopefully it works for you
@bengyax is correct.

This editor automatically tries to convert everything from your clipboard into the correct formatting. Sometimes it works out great and sometimes, like when copy/pasting from a data sheet, not so much.

Also, if you're on windows, and you use CTRL+V to paste, try using CTRL+SHIFT+V instead. That is the shortcut for "paste as plain text".