couple of decent ebay steals the last couple days. tried a new bid strategy on one.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superpieman

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Im always looking at lots i can buy to flip to make some extra money on the side. I got these 2 in the last couple days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250864568202&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-UD-984-Bri...0637345101?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2312af794d

the first lot i paid around 80 for after my ebay bucks were taken off the price and that one should bring 120-140 depending on how some sell. the second one the Wilsons i paid 139 for and the only one that has sold got 44 plus shipping so im pretty thrilled at the price.

one the wilson lot i tried a new strategy at least new to me. I was going to set my max bid at 156 but i was winning at 117 at the time. so rather then just enter 156 i entered 4-5 bids in smaller increments until i got to my max hoping that people would check the bid history and think that i would have this lot at any cost and not waste their time. dont know if thats why i won but it didnt hurt.

the bottom line which is what i look for the most is i paid 219 and i am looking at getting around 320-340 back out of it. so im pretty happy. let me know what you think and let me know if you are interested in purchasing any when they arrive.

Sorry for the long read i just like to include a story with my wins. idk why.

Interesting thinking on the bidding strategy. I don't know if it might have affected potential bidders but I do know that that kind of bidding opens you up big time to shill bidding.

rotorob- pm me on it and we can talk price.

mintman- im not sure what you mean by that. might be because its 2am and im tired lol. if people think that i was shill bidding for the guy then that also works to my advantage.

He not saying your the shiller for the seller.....hes saying that if the seller of the lot had a shiller bidding on the lot..they could make a lot of money from you (because of the many bids you did). Best regards, David

I think that part that got missed was this: "i entered 4-5 bids in smaller increments until i got to my max"

Not sure how shillers would affect him as the bidder, as his top bid is the same whether he puts in 1 bid or 10 bids. Only the highest bid matters...

He not saying your the shiller for the seller.....hes saying that if the seller of the lot had a shiller bidding on the lot..they could make a lot of money from you (because of the many bids you did). Best regards, David

potvin nailed it, i entered the same max but instead of just entering my max in one bid i bid several times in smaller increments up to my max to give the appearance that i would have the cards at all costs or that i may be shilling and hopefully scaring off bidders.

I think that part that got missed was this: "i entered 4-5 bids in smaller increments until i got to my max"

Not sure how shillers would affect him as the bidder, as his top bid is the same whether he puts in 1 bid or 10 bids. Only the highest bid matters...

potvin nailed it, i entered the same max but instead of just entering my max in one bid i bid several times in smaller increments up to my max to give the appearance that i would have the cards at all costs or that i may be shilling and hopefully scaring off bidders.

David nailed it. Your max bid may be the same but a dishonest seller, since they know your max is higher than the current bid, could do exactly what you did. Keep putting in small incremental bids until they were second highest with only one of your bids above them.

When you put in just one bid there's no way to tell what your max is but by putting in multiple bids they KNOW you bid more than current price and simply nibble away at you.

David nailed it. Your max bid may be the same but a dishonest seller, since they know your max is higher than the current bid, could do exactly what you did. Keep putting in small incremental bids until they were second highest with only one of your bids above them.

When you put in just one bid there's no way to tell what your max is but by putting in multiple bids they KNOW you bid more than current price and simply nibble away at you.

i understand what your getting at with dishonest sellers. i generally check the bid history before i bid on an item and wont bid if im not confident its legit. i do understand what your getting at though and it does expose me to some risk yes but this time at least it worked well.