dadandsoncards successes

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
returns before stamp increase

I haven't had a lot of time get to mail anything out lately but a few things, but have got back some old returns which is nice. I got back Mark Grace in 174 days. He signed my '91 Topps and kept my 89 UD, but replaced it with an 88 Topps Traded. Not too bad. I got back Don Kessinger in 65 days. He signed my 71 Topps for my project and answered my questions about his career. I also got back Steve Atwater on his 1990 Topps in 34 days. He too answered my questions about playing for the Broncos. Last I got back Ron Hansen on 2 index cards in 5 days. One he added 1960 AL ROY, he did not answer any of my questions though. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
he roughed up Mattingly

Today I got back Bob Shirley after 48 days. He signed a 1985 Topps for me and also answered my included questions about his career and baseball. With the Yanks Shirley was roughhousing with Mattingly and put him on the DL. He was released soon after. Hope all is well and Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
1944 Dodgers

Today brought back Eddie Basinski, who played with the Dodgers in 44 and 45 and the Pirates in 47. I sent him an index card and a couple of questions about his career and being in the PCL Hall of Fame. He signed my index card and replied to my questions. Really nice letter. I added his name the the TTM Address list. Quick turn around 6 days. I know a lot of you are trying to get some Brooklyn Dodgers, here is a good one. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Red Sox pickup

Got back Joe Sambito on a 1987 Topps in 10 days. Nice signature on card. He also answered all of my questions. I also get a 2010 Topps tribute black of Troy Tulo in a trade. Looks awesome. Happy collecting.

NYMets6986

5.00 star(s)
Congrats on the pickups!
I still have 9 things out in the mail hopefully they will still send them back evn though the stamps are 44 cent stamps

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Hey thanks for all the addresses you post and successes you leave feedback on! I joined earlier last year and see your name in the TTM database a lot, so thanks for your contributions....helps me and others a lot I know!!

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
no problem. I love this hobby and want to share it as much as I can. I started this for my dad after his retirement when he was battling cancer. I wrote to players he grew up with 50's and 60's. He loved it. I lost him 2 years ago but continue in honor of him and for the pure enjoyment I get. These players are a piece of history that I love to learn about.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
2 successes

Today I got back Mr. Lee Thomas. He was an All Star in 1962 and had a pretty successful career. I sent Mr. Thomas 2 index cards which he signed and he included a Diamond Sig card as well. 10 days He also took the time to answer my questions I included. I started a new collection recently of trying to get as many Red Sox players as I can from the day Maris hit 61. A few years ago I met Tracy Stallard and he signed a poster for me and my dad with him on the mound and Maris in background. Today brought me in one of these players Mr. Bill Spanswick, who was warming up in the bullpen when Maris hit 61. He answered my questions and wrote nice letter. He also included a card. 9 days

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
one for the weekend

Sat. brought in Bob Priddy in 9 days. He signed my index cards and answered my questions about his career. One question I asked him about was his lone homerun, and he remembers it well. The true homerun king hit number 400 off of Bob Priddy. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Brooklyn Dodger success

Yesterday brought in Marvin Rackley. He played from 1947-50 with Dodgers, Pirates and Reds. He also played with Robinson in Montreal. He signed both index cards and answered questions about his career. 9 Days. Here is another Dodger for those who are collecting Brooklyn Dodgers. Added his address to TTM address list. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Another Dodger

Yesterday I got back Derrell Griffith in 9 days. He played a bit in the 60's for the Dodgers. He signed both index cards and answered questions I sent him about his career. Happy collecting

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Lunch Break

Went to PO Box on lunch since I don't get a chance too often on the weekends and had a success waiting for me. I got back Russ Snyder who was with the O's when they won the World Series in 61. He signed both index cards, but didnt respond to any of my questions. 17 days. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
2 ball coaches

Went by the PO this morning to get Sat. mail. Had 2 great returns. First I got back Geno Auriemma on an Allen and Ginter card. Mailed in Oct. He didn't answer any of my questions but signed my card!! 100 days. Second, a pretty fast return. The Old Ball Coach Steve Spurrier on a 8x10 in 25 days via email success. I will add to TTM directory. No preprint either as I have gotten in the past I.E Mack Brown. Very excited about this one. Happy collecting!!

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
A President and a Jordan

Today brought back President George W. Bush from an email success. Took about a month. Sent a nice 8x10 of him throwing first pitch at Yankee Stadium after 9/11. I also got back Ricky Jordan on a 1991 Topps in 14 days. He answered my questions about his career and playing in Philly. He must go by Rick Jordan now. Happy collecting.