dadandsoncards successes

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Finally Friday!!!! Hope everyone is well. Just have a single success to share with you all. Mr. Ed Hobaugh replied back to me in 30 days. Mr. Hobaugh signed my included card and answered my questions. Ed played with the Senators from 61- 63. Hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Collecting.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Happy Tuesday everyone. I was glad to see Nico Hoerner come up and make an impact to the Cubs last night. The guy is super nice and signs for everyone before and after games. I got 2 returns yesterday. First Mark Eichhorn on a 1991 Topps in 12 days. He also answered my included questions. Mark is in a band and I asked him, if he could play with one musician from the past or present, who would it be, he said Elvis. Very cool. I also got back Tony LaRussa in 12 days as well, also on a 1991 Topps. He did not answer my questions, which is fine, this was my second success with him. Hope all is well with everyone and Happy Collecting.

Finally Friday!!!! Hope everyone is well. Just have a single success to share with you all. Mr. Ed Hobaugh replied back to me in 30 days. Mr. Hobaugh signed my included card and answered my questions. Ed played with the Senators from 61- 63. Hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Collecting.

Congrats on the returns....mailbox has been barren for TTM returns lately. But still hold out hope every day that I will see my own return address on an envelope......

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Happy Friday everyone. Hope all is well with you in The Bench Land. I haven't sent out any TTM in a bit but I do have some successes to share. First Jim Lonborg on a '66 Topps. 12 days. He also answered my questions, very cool return for a Sox fan. I next got Mr. Joe Carter on a 1991 Topps. I did include a small donation. He did not answer my questions. 9 days. Last I got back Mr. Carl Bouldin. He was a pitcher for the Senators in the early 60's. He signed my card and answered my questions and included an extra note. Last not a TTM success, but a PC success, I added a Ruth card to my PC from his playing days. I got a Sanella SGC grade 2 Ruth. It looks beautiful, it's not a Goudey or any other of his expensive cards, but it is a card from his playing days, which is very cool. Hope all is well with all of you and Happy Collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Mike Mike Mike, guess what day it is....... just a single return to share with everyone today. Mr. Mark Whiten returned my 1991 Topps signed in 56 days. He did not answer any of my included questions. I did find a 2018 Update pack at Walmart yesterday, pretty sweet pack too. Had a JD Martinez game used card, a Acuna Rookie and a Soto Rookie Debut card. Pretty sweet pack. Hope all is well with all of you and Happy Collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Another Wednesday success to share with everyone. Mr. Jim Gott signed my 1991 Topps in 173 days and did not return my questions. Still a sweet success. Other than that, pretty quiet around here. I am coaching my sons soccer team again this fall and so far we are 3-0-1. Pretty good team. The league didn't have enough coaches for 6u so I volunteered to coach a team there too, and they are 5-0. I swear it is as much fun coaching and stressful than it was playing growing up. Hope all is well with all of you and Happy Collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
What a Tuesday post? This is crazy. Still not anything mailed out as of late, but hoping tomorrow? Maybe? I did have a return I would like to share. Mr. Pete Smith signed my 1993 Topps and returned it in 217 days. He did not answer or return my included questions. Besides that, very little happening at the moment with my PC. Busy still coaching soccer, still undefeated, got a tough test this weekend. We beat this team first game of the season, 3-1, but we shall see. Sometimes my kids lose focus, and as long as they have fun, that is what matters, but my competitive spirit runs high. Happy Collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Happy Wednesday everyone. Hope everyone in collecting land has been ok. What a World Series and last nights call on Turner, no way that was interference, crap call, but they wouldn't overturn that and lose credibility, plus it wasn't reviewable. Anyway, have a few returns to share with you all. Mr. Brian Holman signed my 1991 Topps in 98 days. He did not return my questions. Mr. Franklin Stubbs signed my 1991 Topps in 187 days, and he too did not return my questions. Last Mr. Rick Honeycutt signed my 1983 and 1991 Topps cards in 211 days and again no questions. I think I will go through my 1991 signed cards this weekend and maybe take a picture or 2 and post to Twitter. jamesbosoxfan1 is my twitter handle. Hope you guys have a great rest of the week and Halloween. We carved and when I say we, I mean I, the old pumpkin last night. Happy Collecting.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Happy Halloween friend.....we carved our pumpkins this Sunday....and i had 6 little hands reaching in to help me the whole time!!

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Nice, that is awesome!!!! Family time ALWAYS trumps collection time. Hope you guys have clear weather tonight for the kiddos, calling for rain here in VA.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Happy Wednesday everyone. Hope everyone in collecting land has been ok. What a World Series and last nights call on Turner, no way that was interference, crap call, but they wouldn't overturn that and lose credibility, plus it wasn't reviewable. Anyway, have a few returns to share with you all. Mr. Brian Holman signed my 1991 Topps in 98 days. He did not return my questions. Mr. Franklin Stubbs signed my 1991 Topps in 187 days, and he too did not return my questions. Last Mr. Rick Honeycutt signed my 1983 and 1991 Topps cards in 211 days and again no questions. I think I will go through my 1991 signed cards this weekend and maybe take a picture or 2 and post to Twitter. jamesbosoxfan1 is my twitter handle. Hope you guys have a great rest of the week and Halloween. We carved and when I say we, I mean I, the old pumpkin last night. Happy Collecting.

Congrats on the pickups!

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Man has it been that long since I posted. I guess it has. I do have a single return to share with you all. Mr. Tom Brookens returned my 1991 Topps in 97 days. He did not answer or return my included questions. Hate to hear that MLB is thinking of cutting 40+ minor league teams, for a lot of them, there will not be other teams close to go to. I will have the Tennessee Smokies and Salem Red Sox, but they are both about 2 hours away, whereas the Bristol Pirates are only 30 minutes. I did get a card in the mail this week and hoping to get a few more before Thanksgiving. Whitey Ford usually signs for free during the holiday season, or you could include a small fee. I have 2 successes from him in the past. Besides that, hope all is well with everyone and Happy Collecting.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Nice, that is awesome!!!! Family time ALWAYS trumps collection time. Hope you guys have clear weather tonight for the kiddos, calling for rain here in VA.

Sorry, just getting back to this great thread....Halloween was cold, and snowy at times! We made it around before the weather got nasty, our kids had a blast and so did we!

Here I am talking about Halloween, and it's a week before Thanksgiving! Hope you and your family have a blessed day, and a great Holiday Season! The most wonderful time of the year!!

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Doesn't feel like it has been 2 months since I have last posted but I guess it has been. I have a few successes to share with you all that I mailed out last spring. Mr. John Wathan former Royals player and manager returned my 1991 Topps in 245 days and signed my letter but did not answer any of my questions. Next Mr. Steve Searcy signed my 1991 Topps in 227 days. He did answer my questions and sign my letter as well. Can't wait for baseball to begin. Had a fabulous Christmas, my wife went overboard on me. I got a PSA '59 Mantle All Star to help me get one step closer to finishing that set. 15 more to go and I am done with it. I also got a Papi 1/1 Topps Archives and a Bobby Doerr Baseball. It was a great break from work as well, but back at it this week. Glad for me though it was a 2 day work week this week. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas or Holiday break with friends and family and hope your 2020 is even better than your 2019. Happy Collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Friday before the Conference Championships, LOVE IT!!!! Hope everyone has been well. I got off some graphs over the past week or two. I got a quick return back from Mt. Dennis Lamp on a 1991 Topps. 8 days. Hope all of you have been well and Happy Collecting!!!

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Congrats friend, glad you enjoyed your Holidays so much, and hopeful that you have some super returns this year!

Blessings,

Kevin

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Hey everyone, hope everyone has been well. Had some returns today in the mailbox after the mail had a 3 day weekend. First I got back Mr. Steve Farr on a 1991 Topps in 7 days. Mr. Farr did answer one of my questions about facing Wade Boggs more than any other hitter in his career other than Rickey Henderson and keeping Wade below a .300 hitter. For anyone that would be a remarkable achievement in my book. Next I got back Mr. Paul Assenmacher on a 1991 in 14 days. He answered both my included questions and signed the enclosed questions as well. Last I got back Mr. Ryne Sandberg in 11 days with a 5 dollar donation. This is my second success with him in the 1991 Topps set, as I got his Record Breaker card signed as well. I will write to him again to get the AS card signed as well. He did not return my included questions. I started this hobby in December of 2009 for my dad as he was fighting cancer, and now over 10 years later according to my spreadsheet I am 2 away from recording my 1000 TTM success. I know I have surpassed it already and forgot to capture some success here and there, but to see the number come up is pretty amazing and looking back at some of the successes is fun as well, from Robin Roberts, Banks, Doerr, Shantz, Musial, Monte Irvin, Al Kaline and so many others that my dad grew up watching to working on this 1991 Topps set has been a range of emotion. I got to connect with my dad on a day to day basis on the successes he received or didn't, to going through the notebooks with him of pages and pages of letters and stories from his hero's, to losing my dad and what is next with this hobby. Then having a son and watching him grow up and knowing one day he may also have the fun and memories that I have. Sorry for the long winded post, just wanted to share the thoughts of a TTM'er. Happy Collecting everyone and thanks for everyone continuing to pull this thread up, reading it and replying from time to time. Means a lot. - James

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
James, I cant believe it's been 10 years, and I remember well your work for your Dad, that was a really cool endeavor! Thanks for sharing your awesome experiences with collecting, so thankful that you got to share that with him!

Blessings,

Kevin

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
One more day until FRIDAY!!!!! Been a dryspell as of late with some cards out there, so playing the waiting game. I did get a return today from Mr. Rick Reuschel on a 1991 Topps in 12 days. He did not return my included questions. Got few new pickups for the PC though. I picked up a 1964 Topps Giants Mantle PSA 5 and an ungraded 1965 Topps Mantle embossed card. Very sweet additions. Disappointed about Mookie being traded, but I really think Alex Verdugo can be a great player for Boston. I guess we will see. I hope either Boston makes me manager and they don't need me to come pitch for them as I am going to turn 45 this year. LOL. Hope everyone has been well, hoping APPY League remains for years to come as well, hate to lose that if it happens. Happy Collecting.

dadandsoncards

4.90 star(s)
Finally number 1000 has arrived. Mr. Bryan Harvey returned my 1991 Topps in 18 days. He did not return any questions. Hard to believe. I am sure my numbers are off, but this is my 1000th recorded success TTM. Want to thank all of you for taking time to read this success post from time to time. Going to keep going, maybe not as prolific as I used to, but I will continue to send out and wait on returns. I wrote to Canseco back in January and saw he was returning some recently, so hoping to get back his 91 Topps and 91 Topps AS card soon. I have also seen Rance Mulliniks return a ton of cards. I have written to him twice now for my 91 Topps set, with nothing returned. I wrote to him literally years ago and he signed a 85 Topps for me, but really want the 91 Topps. So if anyone has one that would trade for a 85 Topps let me know, or maybe I will give him another shot. I did get a return from Von Hayes, but he now charges 5.00 a card. I will try again with a small donation. A friend of mine at work gets his son pitching lessons from Jimmy Gobble former Royals pitcher. He is getting his 2004 rookie card signed for me that also has Greinke on it. That will be pretty cool. Anyway, hope all is well with all of you. Spring Training has started!!!!! Happy Collecting.